• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

River Run - A Shed Build Blog

Blinkin' 'ell, that's AMAZING! :D not only does it LOOK beautiful but it's practical as well: love the handle on the hay bin, they ain't going to get stuck on or chew that, are they! This is some seriously great work and you should be ludicrously proud of yourselves XD

What about the car/plane pictures? ;P

Thanks everyone! :D

We're definately very happy with how it turned out and so are the buns, who's new favourite game is racing up and down their ramp like little speed demons! :lol:

FANTASTIC, what a lovely set up. So well thought out, the bin is great. I have found it really interesting following your build.

The boys have settled nicely into their shed now. :D We were hoping to get their new run completed once they were in but we've realised that it's going to take a bit longer so on the weekend we attached part of their old run system to the shed so they can go outside when they want, even if it's not as big a space as they should have. We'll make it up to them once they have their massive great run! :D

This is the section of old run now attached:
36ztnIG.jpg

And this shows the space where their future run will be . . . it will take up the whole concrete area.
J5Zml5f.jpg

The boys are not showing any desire to go out though, I don't think they like the catflap (even though they had one at the RSPCA). I've been bracing it open but they will only stick their noses out. I'm hoping curiosity will win in the end. :roll:

Edit: They finally did get the hang of the catflap. Eric was the bravest and finally figured it out. :D

yXRmucT.jpg

Last edited:
WOW superb :thumb:

I love the style of houses where you live too, they look really funky :lol:

For now, we are going to replace the chicken coop style run with a generic square type run (the sort you buy at P@H etc). At some point in the future we will build an aviary but that might be a little way off. :)

Last edited:
Aaaand this weekend we FINALLY got round to starting our aviary build! :D

The boys have been making do with their basic run but there are limits to what you can do with a run. I have SO many plans for the aviary . . . levels, enrichment, digging box etc. :D

Yesterday OH removed their run and locked the catflap (much to Eric's utter disgust - Ernie is still confined while recovering from his eye surgery so he couldn't go out anyway). The aviary area has been cleaned and we've removed the loose paving slabs we had there. Instead we are putting down much better quality slabs and they will be cemented in.

Here's the day's progress. It's extremely hard to get a pic of the whole area as there is just a narrow walkway between sheds/aviary and the house, so I can't back up enough! :lol:

ebNusFb.jpg

fqbcWVZ.jpg

Looking amazing. I had a real good read through the entire thread :oops: sadly some of the pictures are missing (I guess due to photobucket)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Wow! I too read through the whole thread - it sounds like it's been a huge project, but well worth it in the end. Did you end up keeping the other non-bunny sections as planned, i.e offices/studios?

Back