• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Result: UPDATE ON BELLA!

I've heard it's quite common for bunnies to react like this to VHD. As long as she's eating, drinking and pooping fine then there's no problem. If the itching is bothering her then some cream like Missy suggested will help soothe it. Please don't worry, the VHD vaccine is very important and you did exactly the right thing getting it done. :thumb:

AMETHYST

I've heard it's quite common for bunnies to react like this to VHD. As long as she's eating, drinking and pooping fine then there's no problem. If the itching is bothering her then some cream like Missy suggested will help soothe it. Please don't worry, the VHD vaccine is very important and you did exactly the right thing getting it done. :thumb:

AMETHYST

Oh right so Bella isn't the first then? Yeah Bella is eatting, drinking and pooping, I'm still not sure about weeing yet though, will have to check and let you know! I know now I have done the right thing getting the HVD injection done, but how can it be good when Bella has had a reaction to it like this :cry:

Update.

Mum cancelled the check up!!! She said Bella is looking alright and that it doesn't seem to be bothering her, also we don't have any money to go with and it looks like its getting better!!! To me, personally, I think it needs some treatment or something as Bella is the first bunny rabbit I have ever had and I don't want to lose her for some stupid infection/reaction my mum wouldn't go to the vets with us for!!! What am I supposed to do, the sooner we get Bella to the vets to get this cleared up the better!!! I have asked the man in the pet shop and he does sell Tea Tree Skin Cream at £2.59p or something like that but I don't know whether to get it or not, what should I do if my mum is as stubborn as she is being :cry:

Hi Our Bunny Charlie reacted in the same way,:cry: we went straight back to the vet and he advised us it was a reaction to the carrier in the vaccine. After about 2 weeks it was all cleared up and he's been fine ever since. :D

Oh right so Bella isn't the first then? Yeah Bella is eatting, drinking and pooping, I'm still not sure about weeing yet though, will have to check and let you know! I know now I have done the right thing getting the HVD injection done, but how can it be good when Bella has had a reaction to it like this :cry:

Aw sweetie, the reaction might look serious but believe me it's probably not nearly as bad as it looks. As long as she's eating and drinking and pooping then she should be fine. Also, this is NOTHING compared to what would happen if you had left Bella unvaccinated and she caught VHD - she could well be dead before you even knew she had it. Now she's vaccinated that's a huge worry off your mind. :thumb:

AMETHYST

Aw sweetie, the reaction might look serious but believe me it's probably not nearly as bad as it looks. As long as she's eating and drinking and pooping then she should be fine. Also, this is NOTHING compared to what would happen if you had left Bella unvaccinated and she caught VHD - she could well be dead before you even knew she had it. Now she's vaccinated that's a huge worry off your mind. :thumb:

AMETHYST

I know but it looks so serious because Bella is my first ever bunny rabbit and the day I got her I kept saying "Nothing is going to hurt you, ever!" but now it has and is still happening to her :cry: Yes Bella is eating, drinking, pooping and her usual self but why, why my Bella :cry: I know a huge worry is off my mind by Bella has had her injections for this year but if its a good thing, why this then :cry: I knew its all my fault!

poor bella:cry: :cry: . i hope she will be ok soon. i pray for her:angel: :bunny: :rabbit2: :angel:

Hello and thanks for your help and praying. So do I hope Bella will get better soon and then we can forget about this horrible experience, just one thing that is stopping us from doing that is my mum, because we had no spare money she cancelled the appointment for the vets this Friday just gone, I keep asking her if I can make another appointment when we do have some spare money, but unfoutunatly, she keeps saying no as it is getting better. To me I personally think it is getting worse because it keeps bleeding every now and then and drying up and then bleeding again and drying up and so on :cry:

when i was in pets at home today i looked at the 'medicine/health' bit...and aswell as that cream they had this powder for 'minor wounds' etc...i think it may help??? it was only £2.99 xxx

i used it when peanut had a little nick on his foot and it worked wonders

I've got both the wound powder and the tea tree skin cream you're talking about and I've found the actually just make animals itch the site of a wound/scratch/irritaion even more :( I just went back to bathing any minor wounds with mild tepid salt water and then patting dry gently.

when i was in pets at home today i looked at the 'medicine/health' bit...and aswell as that cream they had this powder for 'minor wounds' etc...i think it may help??? it was only £2.99 xxx

i used it when peanut had a little nick on his foot and it worked wonders

Ive heard they both can make the wound place itch even more? May enquire tomorrow if the vets reccommend them. Bella is on the table as your reading this now and she's itching it like mad, I can't stop her!

I've got both the wound powder and the tea tree skin cream you're talking about and I've found the actually just make animals itch the site of a wound/scratch/irritaion even more :( I just went back to bathing any minor wounds with mild tepid salt water and then patting dry gently.

Yeah I've heard they both can do that, even on the internet I've read it on I think!

UPDATE!!!

Bella has now got an appointment for the vets as a check up tomorrow afternoon at 4:40pm!!! Hopefully my mum won't cancel it this time. Bella is on the table as your reading this now but I'm beginning to lose the confidence that I have in handling her like I do now, I am beginning to feel I am going to drop her and that I know the fact I can't put her down correctly now for some reason :cry: Bella either wriggles so hard she catches me or she wriggles so hard anyway!!! :cry:

Sorry I haven't updated this thread earlier, I've just been taking more extra care of my Bella. On the Friday of her appointment my mum didn't cancel it and so we went and got the good news of her fur will grow back and the infected area around her next will heal up. So far they have seen two rabbits (including my Bella) with the same infection and got the idea that the vaccine had something wrong with it so they reported it back to the vaccine company and now they have to decide what needs doing to prevent it happening to any other rabbits. We also don't need to pay for this treatment as they said they would because of any inconvience. The treatment we have got is Fuciderm gel which you just put on her neck for a week (till next Wednesday) and all should get better soon. Bella is on the table right now and I have just put the gel on as it should be twice a day so its time to put her back in her cage to rest but she doesn't want to be moved as of yet!

Aw! I bet that has made you feel heaps better:D Big hugs to Bella!!;)

Yeah it did, I actually thought I was going to lose my Bella, thanking God that I'm not! Thanks just gave Bella big hugs for you and she said, is Petticoat74 your real name whilst nudging me with her nose :lol:

Back