• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehoming over Christmas

Well this is pretty much settled, but it was great reading and I just thought I should possably add my bit.

I'm Not Christian. I'm actually pagan, and as such my religious days happen on an almost bi weekly basis. I have a LOT of dieties to honour and they're not exactly boring so lot's of events to celebrate and mourn over. So for me Christmas is no more of an upheaval than any other time of the year.

I also think there's no more risk of rabbit presents for children at Christmas than their birthday. The only thing is there are a lot more people getting presents over Christmas than say June 13th. But if it weren't for Christmas I possably wouldn't have been able to get Destiny as easily as I did. The Christmas money sure does help in paying for the bun and getting him/her vaccinated etc Which if you do it all at once is quite a big lump, especially if you also need to get a bigger hutch for them. I'd have had to use my vetinary fund to pay for her (which I was going to do), but the money from Christmas means I don't have to dip into that. Which is great for me and the buns.

And no, it's not selfish taking a week off to re-couperate. Rescues work damn hard and don't get the money they need or the time they need. I imagine it's a great strain on you. You should have a week off. Especially over Christmas.

Back