• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rebonding

jackyshouse

Mama Doe
hi as you know i have 2 rescue buns that i have had to seperate due to doe being pregnant they were okay together before seperated and have settled okay seperatly....my question is after she has had her babies and they are homed how long before i bond them together again?

hi as you know i have 2 rescue buns that i have had to seperate due to doe being pregnant they were okay together before seperated and have settled okay seperatly....my question is after she has had her babies and they are homed how long before i bond them together again?

Will you be looking to neuter her after she's had her litter?

If so (and I have no idea how long you have to wait after delivery) then a month after she's been neutered.

Someone who's far more expert than me will be along later I'm sure!!!!

thanx for replying
yes i will be getting her done hun but she is only roughly 4 months old and was planning on it when she was old enough which she will be now once the babies have gone, so he has been done first.

Have a chat with your vet.
The bonding will be easier and more successful if both buns are neutered.
You may find you'll have to go back to the beginning once she's neutered. Difficult to know what to do for the best isn't it!
Sorry!

its a bit of a nightmare really cos i had them sexed the day after i got them along with the others i rescued and seperated them that day....managed to find homes for all the others among my friends and they all happy and sorted and i end up with a pregnant one lol

didnt mean that how it sounded in post im very attatched to them both now and i didnt think i could get attatched to another rabbit after losing 4 bonded pairs to mixi 10 yrs ago.

Back