• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rear Guard from the vets/ now changing to xenex

I wouldn't mix n match meds as they are all chemical stuff so you don't want to OD. I think rear guard you're only meant to apple once every now and then (couple of months?).

How much of her are you getting wet when bathing? With rear guard I use to coat them from the waist down.

Read the different packets and see what chemical/concentration is in each. Sometimes you find they are the same thing just branded differently :)

Yeah got five pippets on the box at home, on the phone now :oops:, ok shall I swap to that?

Hmmmm wonder if I should take the other rearguard back to the vets and ask for a refund, Doh :lol:

I wouldn't mix n match meds as they are all chemical stuff so you don't want to OD. I think rear guard you're only meant to apple once every now and then (couple of months?).

How much of her are you getting wet when bathing? With rear guard I use to coat them from the waist down.

Read the different packets and see what chemical/concentration is in each. Sometimes you find they are the same thing just branded differently :)

Oh see above post (thinking of swapping her to the xenex now), she's just has her whole bum area washed, but normally kicks her legs out behind her in the bath (she likes a bath) and her belly ends up wet too.

If I swap to the xenex it should still be effective shouldn't it, if I put it on while she's dry?

quickly before you do dont put her on xenex.... this has caused many reactions to other rabbits chelsea included her whole back was up in a rash which was like a large scald and spread across her shoulders and was very painful...all from 2 drops.... many people have said on here how dangerous it is and others have lost buns to it...please do a search on it on here jacks jane did research before will edit this if i read differently from title since i last posted.

Nibbles has had it loads of times before and not had trouble, she had it through last year, so should be fine, the packet I have open is a previous one that she had already had some out, thank you for the warning though :D, she should be alright if she had it before, do you think?

When your bunster had a reaction, did you weigh your bunny before hand and put on as many drops for the weight, I wondered whether that has made a difference and why you had a reaction?

I think she would be ok as she has had it before. Don't know if you've read this http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Genitrix_Ltd/Xenex_Ultra_Spot-On/-39394.html

Wicked yeah, I have some animal scales so wil get her correct weight and watch her, she used to be on it when I first had her and all through the good weather last year, all her skin around her bum and legs were all cracked open and bleeding, she'd been left to sit inher own wee. To be honest if I didn't bath her every night she would be like that again, she's a few problems :(

i think it is just a case of some buns react, yes the xenex was prescribed by our highly rabbit savvy vet while chelsea had myxi and it just knocked her for 6 she really deteriated after the xenex(~later made a full recovery), i later found out lots of other buns had had reactions. if she has had it before and has been fine then i would expect it to be ok again for her. guess it is like humans can react differently. note that xenex is different to xeno 450 and the other xeno numbers not sure how but apparently it is....i wouldnt personally use it ever again....but i think if your bun is proven to be fine with it it shouldnt be a problem (yes chelsea is a large rabbit and a tad over weight so vet always weighs her for dosages..)

i think it is just a case of some buns react, yes the xenex was prescribed by our highly rabbit savvy vet while chelsea had myxi and it just knocked her for 6 she really deteriated after the xenex(~later made a full recovery), i later found out lots of other buns had had reactions. if she has had it before and has been fine then i would expect it to be ok again for her. guess it is like humans can react differently. note that xenex is different to xeno 450 and the other xeno numbers not sure how but apparently it is....i wouldnt personally use it ever again....but i think if your bun is proven to be fine with it it shouldnt be a problem (yes chelsea is a large rabbit and a tad over weight so vet always weighs her for dosages..)

It must of given you such a freight, when I first started using it there wasn't much about the scares then, so I have been very lucky as both her and her friend Daisy was on it. Xeno450 is more for mites where as Xenex is for fly's and flies, I think that is right anyway :lol:

I will try it early tomorrow that way if there is a problem I can still get to the vets. Nibbles is a very old lady at 11, I do worry about her.

There is some pics on this thread of what she looked like when she came

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=88496&highlight=Nibbles

:(:(

Nibbles is gorgeous. She's done so well to get to 11 years, no wonder you want to do everything you can for her

bless her but what a sweetie. i love old bunnys...heck i love all bunnys but i always feel for the ones with a sorry back ground the most! glad she has you to look after her and im sure that she will be ok.

Thank you both you've been so helpfull :love:, Nibbles is a house bun now so she gets spoilt, but likes to leave her massive dog type poo's on my landing carpet and trod on one in my bedroom the other day, not nice :lol::lol::lol:

Back