• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really worried about the buns being outside now!

Ha ha, yes it does, how do you attach them at the bottom when they're down-able!? :lol:

I'll take some pics later :) but chain and a hook works nicely. But we do use luggage ties to ensure they don't billow (how do you spell that word!?!) out when its windy.

I'll take some pics later :) but chain and a hook works nicely. But we do use luggage ties to ensure they don't billow (how do you spell that word!?!) out when its windy.

Brilliant, thanks - yeah I was worried about them flapping about and freaking the buns out a bit! :?

Hi. Just incase you didnt know you can get clear tarpaulin

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLEAR-PVC-TAR...489?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c12ae0419

I use that and its perfect. I did use bunjee cords to secure it down but it rattled a bit so I cable tied it and leave it down permanently now its the colder weather - it lets light in so dont need to be rolled up and is only on at the front of the aviary which is the side most exposed to the wind in my case, with the side thats near a wall and the end panel left uncovered to allow for air circulation - I just add a regular tarp to the end panel at night if its cold - cable ties are so easily attached and cut down and very inexpensive so I just use these.

Back