• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ratty Haven Faces Closer - Animals need homes ASAP

Celia has said she'd be willing to take in some rats if you need homes for them... she would rehome them for you... :)
We're Kirkby Pet Welfare btw... And I'd be more than willing to have a trip down to collect them, so don't worry about transport. :)
The offer's there if you need us! :D

Ratty Haven said:
Well after a lot of waiting and fighting we still have to make an application they have givien me 28 days to do this and rasie some who the £265 needed to apply or close down

I don't know what to do as I dont have the money and it could all be in vain if it is refused!

:( oh Siobhan :( :( I dont know what to say :( have you tried some fund raising days to try to raise the money :?:

If you cannot run a rescue, could you not act as a fosterer for Marie or does this still fall into the same catagory :?:

I am dis-heartened to hear this news knowing how much hard work you have put into setting it all up, things looked so postive for you a while back with maybe becoming a registered charity etc :(

I really feel for you :(

All we can do is sit and wait t hear what happens now, the mpney has all been rasied and the application sent in.

I have the following rabbits looking for homes:

Mad Max: castrated male small grey x breed. Max is really friendly and easy to handle looking for a home with a female bun. around 1-2 years old.

Eeyore: black and white large lop x very tame castrated male 2 years old. very friendly and easy to handle looking for a home with a female bun.

Sammy: black and white (marked like and english) lion head x very sweet boy castrated about 1 year old. looking for a home with a female bun

Half-a- rabbit & Cleo, Halfa is a agouti mini lop found as a stray he is castrated and still a young lad, he is very sweet but can kick when being handled. Cleo is a young white lion head X she is a sweet girl bought from a pet shop as a male with another male so they did what rabbits do and the owners couldn't cope. all her babies have found homes but she is still waiting. She can also kick when being held. They are looking for a home together.

Violet & Nero: These two are looking for a special home as nero has probelms with his front teeth and they need to be clipped regularly. He is a black fluffy medium x breed very tame and easy to handle he is castrated and is about 1-2 years old. Violet came in as a stray and was spayed as she was a bad tempered girl. She has camed down a lot but can still have an off day when she wants to be left alone. She is a large agouti x breed and is easy to handle. These two are looking for a home together.

Smokey: This little chap is very special case, he is a sweet lad he has not been castrated as he is very small and arrived in a terrible condition. We are hoping to see the vet soon to disscuss whether or not he would survive the op to be castrated. He is a lively chap and brighteyed, but we supect that he has an underlying probelm. He is looking for a home with people would will love him for the rest of his days. He is only about 7-9 months old.

If you can offer a home to any of these bunnies please let me know, we are hoping to rearrange the caging for the rabbits if our application is accepeted so in some cases rabbits can go with hutches

I am happy to help with a bunny run. Also if any of the bunnies need fostering (im not really in a position to take more bunnies on permanetly at the mo) I would be more than happy to help

Let me know

Good luck

Help- Possibly

Siobhan, we spoke the other day, I'm sasha.

Sorry, I have been fairly busy and unable to pop around, I am interested in Eyore, could you send me an e-mail pic? Still have to convince my partner though, so can't promise.
Also advertise in freeads, its a yellow paper, free to advertise and big pet section. Also contact local rspca in exeter.
Express and echo might also be able to help with free advertising. I would ask the vets to place an ad too. If I can help with any of this call me/mail me.

Do you have portable hutches, for people who might be able to foster on a temp basis in the meantime ?

As it's car boot season, what if several members on this forum collected stuff from family and friends and did a car boot sale locally, sending proceeds to Ratty Haven for the Planning Application fee?

I'd be willing to do that, but it would take several of us to do it to raise enough money.

What do people think?

Ratty Haven, is it too late for this?

Rabswood

Ratty haven is already closing. The planning application was rejected so she can no longer run the rescue from her home. The council informed her that if she didnt get rid of the animals straight away they could go in and put them to sleep. The animals are being distributed between other foster carers and rescues.

Cheryl

all the animals are sorted, now all I can do is appeal, environmental health will be over on friday the first time they have visited :evil: so it all hanging on that at present if they find no problems or changes which can be made then fingers crossed the council can't refuse it as if I can keep X amount of animals regardless of being a rescue all they can refuse it on is people coming to the house which is so few that it would make little difference as I can have visitors anyway

You could try writing out a log of when you have (or had visitors) so you can demonstrate how little it effects the area. Also the times as, for example, during the day when people are at work might not effect them as much as evenings where there are more cars around. You could also point out parking spaces in the area or carparks and offer to ask you rvisitors to use those rather than parking outside the house etc.

Tam

all been done tamsin, I have one person/car at a time and parking for that car so what is the problem

The objections and reason for the rejection was:

Animal waste getting into the dranages system : we don't have access to the drains from the back of the house!

Nosie pollution : from rabbits, rats and hamsters?

Wild rats & mice : been here 5 years alwayd had lots of animals cats have brought in 3 mice in that time!

Smell: Every thing is cleaned regularly

Filling the house with animals : do you not think I would and could have done that by now

Animals escaping : cages are locked

SO on what grounds have they rejected it?

What odd things to complain about! On the plus side once they have visited you hopefully they are all easy things to show won't cause a problem.

Tam

is this neighbours that have complain....that really upsets me, some people have very little to do so they seem to want to fill their time with making other peoples lives a misery :( I have problem neighbours so know what a misery they can be but to affect the welfare of animals by doing this is appualing

I have my fingers crossed that you can sort something, good luck with it all

Cairi xx

only just seen this post
this is so sad to hear, i cant belive it y cant they see ur doing a good thing.
i wish u all the luck
becky

just read these posts from begining to end. this makes me so o o angry. Me and my sister run the rabbit rehoming for B.A.R.C. and we keep the rabbits in our gardens it is one of our biggest worries that neighbours will complain and the council will force us to stop. It is so unfair. does anyone know what has happened ?

Back