• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rain question

I am glad you asked this question as I was going to ask it always.

I never let me older bunnies go out in the rain but I feel so sorry for my little ones they are only 18 and 14 weeks old and I dont want them to get wet.

I have let the run around the house at the weekend but its not always possible during the week so if the weather doesnt change soon I think I am going to waterproof the runs somehow!

xx

Mine love the rain. I don't mind them getting wet in summer but in winter or when it is cold I don't let them out round the garden because I don't think they would be dry by night when they need to be warm.

I agree - except that mine don't love the rain :lol::lol::lol: but don't mind being out in it for a short while.

As long as they don't get saturated, the rain tends to sit on the very top layer of fur anyway; they never get soaked to the skin.

my guys have covered runs because of the lionheads, they matt so fast,
alot of the time Zuma tries to find a wet patch and he has to come in for a brush and dry:roll:

I agree - except that mine don't love the rain :lol::lol::lol: but don't mind being out in it for a short while.

As long as they don't get saturated, the rain tends to sit on the very top layer of fur anyway; they never get soaked to the skin.

^^ thats what I thought...can understand if buns are elderly or arent agile...but mine go in the run when its raining...they dont mind abit of drizzle but they go to cover if its pelting down...Im not bothered ..but I have dried them over with a towel once before....they have cosey warm places to go to if need be.;)

She might be likely to matt quickly too, so you would have to be very hot on your grooming. I've seen somes horrendous situations where the owner let long furred rabbits get wet and didn't groom them after. Just a word of warning if you do go with it :)

I have a cashmere/angora x and he loves to sit out in the rain :roll:
He has a shed and covered part of the run but no, him out of all the 7 will quite happily sit out in the rain. He does get groomed every evening though, but still :roll:

Back