• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits Vs. Guinea Pigs

I'm greedy, I have both, my grandkids love visiting, the pigs love being petted but Ronnie bun is more demanding of cuddles and petting than the pigs! :lol:

Another recommendation for piggies. As a child, we had guinea-pigs and rabbits and the piggies were always friendly and affectionate; I can't remember ever being bitten by one.

Piggies are definitely easier to look after, but my heart will always belong to rabbits. :love: The only downsides of piggies are probably that they smell more, their idea of 'toilet training' does not exist - and for me, the noise can make my migraines worse.

My stepdaughter is actually much better with rabbits than she ever was with piggies (though our deceased honeypigs amused her) but that's just one 7 year old.

We have both, 2 piggies and 3 bunnies and the piggies are definitely easier to handle and care for. Less biting, Scratching, stamping etc and love their little noises

Sent from my E5603 using Tapatalk

I'm 47 and I'd be excited if I was getting guineas lol! Having had both I agree with everyone else and would go with guineas. I'm broody for guineas now too! X

Another vote for Guinea-pigs! I only have one now and I'm not getting anymore, I'm dreading her passing it won't be the same

Ive had piggies when i was young and loved them. If you was getting from rescue i suppose you have the option of finding one that loves stokes and handling. I would still go for another bun but i would search for one that was just right.

Hi, I'm going to go off at a tangent. We've had all sorts of pets over the years. I have a son of my own and 3 stepsons, all grown up and left home, and the very best pets for kids are, in my opinion, rats.
They are funny, exciting, loving and very clever. They have brilliant balance, due to the tail, and are less likely to suffer severe injuries when handled by kids.

Hi, I'm going to go off at a tangent. We've had all sorts of pets over the years. I have a son of my own and 3 stepsons, all grown up and left home, and the very best pets for kids are, in my opinion, rats.
They are funny, exciting, loving and very clever. They have brilliant balance, due to the tail, and are less likely to suffer severe injuries when handled by kids.

I'd also say rats are the best childs pet! I've had 8 in total and have never been bitten, even when four came from a pet shop un-handled and when I've had to give horrid tasting medicine etc. They generally love to be handled and played with and are usually very confident. But, since you've only mentioned rabbits or guineas I'd say guineas for all the reasons mentioned. However none of my piggies, aside from 1 (out of 8 ) has been easy to handle. They've all been very timid and even the ones that liked to be stroked would never stay for long.

Back