• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits to be gassed for eating flowers :-(

Signed.:)
I'm still very uset by it. I just fail to understand why some pen pushers felt it necessary to go through a due process, meetings and the rest of it, to consider that approval of something so utterly against basic human care. HOw and why was this not opposed within walls of the local authority?

Thank you so much everyone for taking this up and sorry I haven't been around to keep up to date with it.

SO pleased to hear it's been postponed!! :D

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I just don't understand

the rabbits don't understand that the flowers are for your loved ones. they just believe they are getting free food, hence why they're maybe even there. who knows, maybe that was their home before it was a cemetery..

I get its upsetting, its for your loved one that has passed..but you can not be angry at an animal. they do not know any different. they do not understand. they are not human.

but also, as horrible as it sounds - the person is dead! it really doesn’t matter. its more of a token to them and a way of you dealing with it. whether you do it or don’t in the end doesn’t matter that much. the same as whether I keep my rabbits ashes or I scatter them elsewhere..in the end it doesn't matter, he is gone. whether you believe in a heaven or a hell, or you don't. it doesn't change the fact that they are dead.

being gassed feels like you’re being burnt from the inside out. imagine the panic and fear they must be feeling as they slowly suffer and die. if it is that big of an issue find a HUMANE way to end them, not like this.

in actual fact, I would much rather some little bunnies ate the flowers I left behind...winters can be hard. they will take the food they will get. I'd rather they came and ate them. the flowers left behind can be so polluting anyway was some people leave the flowers in their plastic wrapping.

and at the end of the day if somebody does clean up the flowers (I heard of one cemetery at the end of the week cleans up all the flowers) they're just going to get thrown in the bin anyhow! so its just a waste, why not let a little bunny or three enjoy a meal over them being wasted?

I don't understand people. and I don't know how people could jump to conclusions of gassing rabbits for being RABBITS and sleep at night. disgusting.

I totally agree BC.

I sat and thought about sitting by a grave of a loved one and the rabbits eating the flowers and all I could do was smile :love:

I think this is at a graveyard near to me....Inverurie. A great guy called Kevin Newell runs Humane Wildlife Solutions and fortunately is based only a few miles away from Inverurie. He has contacted the local authorities and guess what.... they haven't returned his calls or e-mails!! As well as running his own business, he works at a wonderful animal rescue and has been mustering the troops in one way or another.

We all hope and pray that a humane solution can be reached, however it wouldn't surprise us if the council took it upon themselves to go ahead and gas the poor rabbits under the cover of darkness!

From what I've heard the number of complaints about the rabbits in the graveyard are in the minority and the majority of people welcome the rabbits and are happy for them to be there.

For goodness sake.....bunnies have been around for centuries, bunnies in graveyards....bunnies..

And also if the graveyard was properly maintained, the health and safety risk of someone putting their foot down a rabbit hole/ loosening of headstones...would be decreased!

a bit off topic but....

another thought, many believe that their loved ones are "reincarnated", or sent an animal as a sign to greet them from the after life. I know my mom thought so when she grew some sunflowers - her dads pride and joy. there was one robin, he stood out with some feathers sticking out of his head. he would often come back to sit on the sunflower, even if we were about, not too close though. my mom always thought it was her dads sign to her.

perhaps the bunnies nibbling the flowers are their loved ones sign to them ;)

I did hear that the complaints were honestly the minority, I don't see why the need to act on it then. most things these days are more considered a democracy. if majority if people want x, that happens. if most people are happy for the rabbits to stay, why remove them?

I can't wrap my head around it. I try to be open minded but I just can't. I can't understand why you'd be angry at rabbits for being rabbits, how you'd then jump to the most inhumane way to kill them for a few whiney people, and then sleep at night :? it just makes no sense to me.

a bit off topic but....

another thought, many believe that their loved ones are "reincarnated", or sent an animal as a sign to greet them from the after life. I know my mom thought so when she grew some sunflowers - her dads pride and joy. there was one robin, he stood out with some feathers sticking out of his head. he would often come back to sit on the sunflower, even if we were about, not too close though. my mom always thought it was her dads sign to her.

perhaps the bunnies nibbling the flowers are their loved ones sign to them ;)

I did hear that the complaints were honestly the minority, I don't see why the need to act on it then. most things these days are more considered a democracy. if majority if people want x, that happens. if most people are happy for the rabbits to stay, why remove them?

I can't wrap my head around it. I try to be open minded but I just can't. I can't understand why you'd be angry at rabbits for being rabbits, how you'd then jump to the most inhumane way to kill them for a few whiney people, and then sleep at night :? it just makes no sense to me.

Which would you rather, dead rabbits or dead flowers? It's a no-brainer.

Either have something to lift the flowers up out of reach, don't bring them and choose something else, or just put up with the rabbits doing what rabbits do!

If a wildie ate my flowers and pooped on my grave i would smile down from heaven. (Hopefully there is no after life though can't be arsed for this again)

Leave the wildies alone or ill haunt you

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

If a wildie ate my flowers and pooped on my grave i would smile down from heaven. (Hopefully there is no after life though can't be arsed for this again)

Me too :love:

Ditto to this.

Back