• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits eating newspaper

Carob

Mama Doe
Hi had a nightmare trying to get on here as RU seems to not recognise my old password so have had to change it. I have indoor rabbits and their bedding is mostly hay but i put newspaper underneath, Bella keeps eating it what else can j use?

Last edited:
Could really do with a reply to this thread. I'm worried the newspaper is making her ill.
I need to know what else to use as she like to nibble everything

Could really do with a reply to this thread. I'm worried the newspaper is making her ill.
I need to know what else to use as she like to nibble everything

Is it an area where they lounge but don't pee? What function is the newspaper currently serving ? Is it necessary to put something under the hay at all? Sorry for the questions but its to help picture things

For their litter boxes I use simple wood stove pellets under a layer of hay, those work really, really great. About 4,50€ per 15kg. I need about 3 -4 bags per year with 2 10lbs bunnies.

Back