• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ra - 7th Feb 2014

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran

My gorgeous boy Ra has left us :-(

Ra came to Hopper Haven in 2006 with his mum, Athena, and three litter mates. I had joined HH not long before his arrival, and I had already fallen in love with the giant female Hera, but she couldn't be rehomed until she had a partner to live with.

Originally it was Ra's brother who was going to live with Hera, but sadly we lost him to the GA for his neuter, so Ra was partnered with Hera and it was instant love.

After they came home they lived together for 6 happy years before we lost Hera at Christmas 2011. They made a stunning couple.

Ra lived as a house bunny for 6 months after Hera passed, but when BB, my frenchie, lost her old man Joey I decided to try BB with Ra. IT was the easiest bond in the world, and they were snuggled within hours.
Ra and BB had 9 months together, and Ra served as BB's cushion - she loved to lie across him and pin him down, but BB finally succumbed to her heart failure in August last year.

By now Ra was an old fella, and I didnt want him on his own, so within a week Hopper Haven's Louise came to the rescue with Orchid and Buttercup, two small youngsters who idolised Ra. They used him as a huge snuggle cushion, and wherever he went, they went too. He would lie in the middle of the garden watching the world go by and they would run around him and jump ver him like a hurdle. He was smitten with his ladies.

Several months ago Ra started to lose the use of one of his hind legs, and his condition slowly deteriorated to the point that his mobility in both legs declined, but his whole spine started to twist.

Despite treatment and pain relief from the start in the final few weeks he reached a point of exhaustion, he chose to move less and less and we knew his time had come when he was no longer able to stand, but had lost interest in everything around him.

He passed so peacefully with his two girls at his side, and I am so grateful that they loved him to the end - they are fosters from HH but are welcome to live with me foreverafter they looked after my boy.

Ra was a legend - he loved everyone and everything.

Spike, my Shih Tzu was his great mate, and they would often be found lying together in the garden or in the conservatory.

I am so sad that Ra had to go, but so blessed to have known and loved him.

He'll be met at the bridge by Hera and also BB. There will never be another Ra :cry:

Large buns often have super sized characters. So sad that so often its the legs that let them down in the end. he was a wonderful bun.

Oh no... Not beautiful Ra... :cry:

My heart felt condolences for your loss, I always admired Ra in your signature. Such a beautiful rabbit.
Sending hugs.xx

Binky free at the rainbow bridge handsome Ra.xxx

So sorry to see this sad news. :( He was a gorgeous big bunny, and will I'm sure be very much missed. xxx

Back