• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question regarding Burgess Excel Tasty Nuggets for Junior and Dwarf Rabbits

Fennic

Warren Scout
Hi, I'm inquiring about Burgess Excel Tasty Nuggets for Junior and Dwarf Rabbits. We've got a Netherland Dwarf, the package states "and for dwarf rabbits" Does this mean he specifically needs to be fed on this for the rest of his life? Or is it just some marketing thing? He's paired with a Lionhead and they eat together, shes possibly just coming out of her 6 months age or so. (They was given to us so I don't know the exact ages) I would like to switch her onto science selective, I use that in the treat balls anyhow (and feed my older bun) so she's been eating both anyhow as he has. The bags nearly empty and I wanted to make sure it wasn't a marketing thing aiming at smaller rabbits or such before I replace it and (potentially) waste money. Thanks!

Hi I have three dwarf lops and one mini dwarf lop and I feed them all on burgess adult rabbit pellets...they started on the dwarf/ young rabbit ones and when they were 6mths I slowly introduced the adult type and they are fine (my oldest dwarf lop, Smudge is nearly 9 and he loves them)...think the only difference is the size of the pellet (pea size in the adult form) so as long as your bunny manages the bigger size it should be ok. Also they contain a pre-biotic for their tummies, though I'm not sure if the Science Select does as well you will have to read the pack....I've always used Burgess as my vet recommended them in the beginning :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when I had a netherland dwarf and a mini lop together I fed the junior and dwarf pellets to them for all their lives :wave: no problems , the only time I changed was when rosie got old and and poorly was put on a vetmed rabbit food with added glucosamine

Back