• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question About Canvas Tarps

ShirleyGirl

Young Bun
I've had to move bun to my deck ... allergies!! Fortunately I kept him in a very cool, unheated room in the basement and put him out for several hours everyday, so although it's a change, it's not a huge one. The weather for this time of year is very mild, 40/50's in the day and above freezing at night. His hutch is right outside my slider door, facing in. He can see us. I'm also using a snuggle safe.

Anyway, I have a canvas tarp to cover at night. Even though the canvas is covered with another plastic tarp, the canvas feels cold and damp. Yet I read so many people use canvas. Is it safe? Seems like it would be trapping dampness.

What are your experiences with canvas?

Thanks!!

I never used canvas. I'd imagine is getting cold and damp due to condensation - is air still able to flow underneath to help prevent build up of condensation?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Canvas isn't going to keep much heat in, it's more to keep rain and wind out so you could probably put some ventilation holes in :) As long as it isn't tight to the front of the hutch it should be okay, can you feel condensation on the inside?

Back