• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quality bunny time

a reader of books

Warren Veteran
I was wondering how everyone spends quality time with their bunnies? Do you play together, or is it cuddle time, or do you like telling them about your day, or...?

I'm bunless now, but my little girl Treacle loved her evening massage. This was me kneeling in front of her head, and lightly massaging her, from shoulders all the way down her back, she was a puddle. Then she would have a treat, we did that every night, she would come and nudge my legs if I was late :lol:

I cuddle Atticus and he grooms me

I pluck Clementine like a chicken (I promise it sounds worse than it is [emoji38]) and do this weird claw hand movement on her back and she grooms me

I stare at Willoughby from a distance and give him a thumbs up

For the pigs I try not to upset Agnes and Percy I cuddle and he falls asleep [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

I'm bunless now, but my little girl Treacle loved her evening massage. This was me kneeling in front of her head, and lightly massaging her, from shoulders all the way down her back, she was a puddle. Then she would have a treat, we did that every night, she would come and nudge my legs if I was late :lol:
Answers about rainbow bridge bunnies are totally welcome. :love: That's so sweet that she loved her massage and turned into a puddle, aww, and she would even come to remind you when you were late, how cute. :lol::love:

I cuddle Atticus and he grooms me

I pluck Clementine like a chicken (I promise it sounds worse than it is [emoji38]) and do this weird claw hand movement on her back and she grooms me

I stare at Willoughby from a distance and give him a thumbs up

For the pigs I try not to upset Agnes and Percy I cuddle and he falls asleep [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
Aww, mutual cuddle/grooming time with Atticus and Clementine. :love: I see Willoughby and Agnes are more of the hands-off kind of bonding. ;) Cuddling Percy as he falls asleep sounds adorable. :love:

With Boo it has to be hands on bunny time or she doesn't know she's receiving it :lol:- so loves & grooms for Boo, hand feeding forage, that kind of thing.

Eddy I do talk to, about my day, whats on tele etc. We also play the nose twitching game. . Sometimes I lay on the floor rather than sofa to be more "available" for them

How about you?

With Boo it has to be hands on bunny time or she doesn't know she's receiving it :lol:- so loves & grooms for Boo, hand feeding forage, that kind of thing.

Eddy I do talk to, about my day, whats on tele etc. We also play the nose twitching game. . Sometimes I lay on the floor rather than sofa to be more "available" for them

How about you?
Aww, that makes sense. :lol: Your cuddle time with Boo always sounds so lovely.

What's the nose twitching game? Do Eddy and you twitch your noses at each other? Do you feel like Eddy likes it when you talk to him? I feel like Casper and Sophie aren't too interested in what I have to say. :lol:

We do hand feeding here, too. They both really like being hand fed greens. Casper will sit next to me and shove his head under my arm, asking for food, even though he can easily get it himself. Or I look for pieces of hay that I think they'll like. I talk to them, too, and like you I lay or sit on the floor with them. I like to sit in their room with them, and Casper spends a lot of time sitting next to me then, either wanting food or flopped out. When he's relaxing I'll give him some pets, but not too many, as he likes them, but doesn't like it to go on for too long. We play with food toys, too, especially Sophie. I'll hide some food in them and encourage them and praise them when they've found something and sometimes help them out when they're stuck.

Rupert likes a cuddle so I sit on the floor with him sometimes, or lie down together. Lilac is quite indifferent, she'll come over to see why I'm on HER floor, maybe give me a lick and then she'll leave lol.

I do a lot of pilates and yoga and they often join me and get in the way so I count this as bunny time too!

The nose twitch game is just looking at bun & twitching your nose ...often they'll match your tempo. Can't remember where I was told or read about this.
Thats lovely you cheer them on when they are foraging for snacks. I think Mousey liked being talked to, I'm not so sure Eddy likes it as much, same as Casper & Sophie:lol: I think Eddy would like someone to select nice hay strands for him, save him having to do it himself. When he finds a really stalky bit he bolts from the litter tray with it, like everybun else is gonna steal it off him. He's a funny little weirdo.

When I had my trio sometimes I'd lay on the floor on my belly & Bob would put their nugget rations on my back. These were super happy times for me, working out which bunny had his / her paws resting on me, which was leaping over me, which opted for just sitting on my back . The buns liked it too. Honest :lol: only cos the game involved nuggets though

Rupert likes a cuddle so I sit on the floor with him sometimes, or lie down together. Lilac is quite indifferent, she'll come over to see why I'm on HER floor, maybe give me a lick and then she'll leave lol.

I do a lot of pilates and yoga and they often join me and get in the way so I count this as bunny time too!

awww, bunny yoga :love: I can just see them getting involved

Aww, Rupert cuddles. :love: Lilac makes me laugh, though. :lol:

Them joining you and getting in the way during pilates and yoga absolutely counts as bunny time!

The nose twitch game is just looking at bun & twitching your nose ...often they'll match your tempo. Can't remember where I was told or read about this.
Thats lovely you cheer them on when they are foraging for snacks. I think Mousey liked being talked to, I'm not so sure Eddy likes it as much, same as Casper & Sophie:lol: I think Eddy would like someone to select nice hay strands for him, save him having to do it himself. When he finds a really stalky bit he bolts from the litter tray with it, like everybun else is gonna steal it off him. He's a funny little weirdo.

When I had my trio sometimes I'd lay on the floor on my belly & Bob would put their nugget rations on my back. These were super happy times for me, working out which bunny had his / her paws resting on me, which was leaping over me, which opted for just sitting on my back . The buns liked it too. Honest :lol: only cos the game involved nuggets though
Ooh, I'm going to try this nose twitch game.

Aw, Eddy's like Casper and Sophie in not really caring about what we say. :lol: Mousey, though. :love: That's so silly and funny that Eddy runs away with the really stalky bits of hay. Maybe you can help him find some nice bits of hay so he can learn you won't steal it.

The nugget game sounds like such a fun thing! It would make me happy, too. Even if they only liked it because nuggets were involved. :lol:

Back