• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pulling out fur

My Doe is pulling her fur out and making a nest, and today has started taking hay and straw up to make her nest, she isnt pregnant as she has not been near any males, although i doe have 2 males in another cage a few yards away from her?

Can someone please tell me why she is doing this!!

I agree it sounds like a phantom pregnancy. I'd get her spayed if I were you. It's the only way to prevent uterine cancer anyway, and once she's spayed you should be able to bond her with the others (assuming they've been done too).

Mrs Bun did this.Got aggressive too.
Had her speyed and now she has got over her hormones and shes a delight.
Best thing I ever did for her.:wave:

It definitely sounds like a phantom pregnancy. Unspayed females get them all the time. It's definitely a good idea to get her spayed, not just from a bahaivoural point of view, but also because she has an 80% chance of getting uterine cancer!

She'll probably keep having phantom pregnancies until she's spayed and possibly for a few weeks afterwards.

Back