• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ptyalism

I think fenugreek might be key !

So I use pellet dust or ground pellets, finely grate a little carrot & apple or pear & a chunk of banana to bind it. I always season with dried herbs & fenugreek powder. I add dried forage crumbs more recently but I'd say they are an optional extra. The juice from the fruit & veggies will moisten it enough to form sticky little balls. Bake in low oven. Usually it would be to dry completely but as I say not in this case. Good luck

Very sadly we helped Bungee to Rainbow Bridge today.
She had struggled to recover from her operation, and the test results showed that it had spread and she was struggling to breathe and eat.
They could have done another operation and radiotherapy, but we just couldn't put her through any more pain.
I stayed with her and my heart is broken. We Will miss her so much.
Thank you for all your advice and help. Give your bunnies and extra cuddle for us. Xxx

Very sadly we helped Bungee to Rainbow Bridge today.
She had struggled to recover from her operation, and the test results showed that it had spread and she was struggling to breathe and eat.
They could have done another operation and radiotherapy, but we just couldn't put her through any more pain.
I stayed with her and my heart is broken. We Will miss her so much.
Thank you for all your advice and help. Give your bunnies and extra cuddle for us. Xxx

Oh, I am so sorry :cry: You made the right call for her, I would have done exactly the same thing

RIP Bungee :love:

Back