• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Preparing For The New Fluffy Arrival

Ambski

Young Bun
Hi Guys
I am sooo excited now. Holiday's are now all over for me, and I have found a beautiful rescue boy for my female rabbit. Home check has been completed & the gorgeous little Herman who has been in rescue for the last 7 months will soon have a forever home with me & little Lady Lazza (Larry). He's a beautiful little guy - his name's Herman (which i love & will be keeping), and he has been looked after all this time by Alice @ Windwhistle Warren Rabbit and Guinea Pig Rescue. He's being driven down from Gloucestershire to Slough on Saturday by one of her very kind friends - and I shall then be driving over to Slough to pick him up.

I have everything ready for the new arrival, new rugs / bowls / litter trays - a spare cage (never used) & a completely neutral space which my bun has never set a paw in. I have 4 days off work for the bonding - so will keep you all posted & will most probably be looking for some moral support when the bonding commences.. After reading through loads of threads on the subject on this board - i thought I would try the method of bonding where i put them both together straight away into the neutral 6x4 space (armed with a water spray & thick heavy duty gloves) incase they fight. Provided there is no lock on fighting I intend to keep them together in this cage & not separate them at all. Fortunately the neutral space is in my bedroom, so I can keep a close eye on them throughout the night. A friend is also coming over for the weekend for some moral support.

I just have one quick question for now - I can only seem to find 'DISTILLED MALT WHITE VINEGAR' not just plain distilled white vinegar is this ok for neutralising? As while they are in my bedroom getting to know one another, I will have the fun job of neutralising my entire flat - top to bottom ( it needs a good spring clean anyway - so this is the perfect excuse).

Thanks for reading everybody & please send me some nice happy, easy bonding vibes for the weekend.

Amber & Larry xx

Ohh exciting :D Yes that vinegar is the one. I had to do all that last month :) The first 10 minutes of bonding are the worst but you have to be brave :D Keep us posted :wave:

Sounds like you are very prepared :D

Any vinegar is fine. I use the white purely because brown can stain a bit and sometimes I use it on the carpet and fabrics :)

Back