• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Prancer MacPherson (2001 - 2/7/2014)

giddermup

Warren Scout
It is with too many tears that I had to let my wonderful bun go across the Bridge tonight. He got weak this evening and collapsed. My parents took us to the emergency vets where he had gone many times before. Tonight I had to let him go...

I kept wondering this week after the wonderful Inspector Morse left for his trip if Prancer was going to end up being his side-kick. That might sound silly, but it brings me some comfort. I keep imaging that there is some mighty important case that needs seeing too over that Bridge. I hope you don't mind, Jack's Jane, that I feel that way. I noticed so many other buns called this week as well. This really must be an important case.

It feels so strange to see his part of the room empty. I keep finding myself looking over there out of habit. And tomorrow will be worse I think. No more greedy begging for his breakfast and then later for his second breakfast. He was everything I could have asked for in a first bun. He was kind and sweet and so inquisitive. And he always had to be my feet as I sat at the computer. He seemed to care about what I was saying to him, whether it was what I should have for dinner (kale, please) or if the Universe really was that big and maybe actually filled with different intelligent lifeforms (I don't really know, but I'll get back to you on that). And the looks he would give me when I said something silly! Really! I swear he really knew what I was saying all the time.

I want to remember the good times with him. And I know I will. It's the emptiness I feel at the moment. I still have Mokona but she will never be Prancer. There will never be another Prancer.

The vet gave me a little something in a box with his paw prints pressed into it. I can't look at it just yet. And he will be cremated and come home once more. It's too cold and the ground is too frozen to bury him. Perhaps in the spring...

Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again...

Oh no...I am so very sorry he has gone :( Far too many of our dear ones going to the Bridge. It's not fair. :cry:
My heart goes out to you and Mokona. (((((((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))))))))
Binky free, Prancer. We hardly got to know you here. Please watch over your mum and Mokona from the Bridge. xxxx

so sorry for your loss. sounds like he was loved so much and will be greatly missed. sleep tight lovely boy x

I'm so sorry for your loss, it sounds like prancer was quite a character :love:

I think you're right that something is going down at the bridge, and many precious souls are needed there x

What a lovely fellow he was.
You got to send a long time with him too so he must have had such care and a good life with you.
Thinking of you.

Thanks everyone. It means so much. Alot of people don't really understand how special our furry friends are.

Prancer is going to be delivered to my mom's today until I can pick him up on Saturday. I'm not sure what to do with his box of ashes. Silly me thinks of putting the box in his carrier with his towels but that's just me being overly silly. But I think that's a wee bit of denial that he's really gone.

Mokona is doing well. Almost too well for my liking. But I think she knew it was his time. They weren't totally bonded as they were in separate cages while I was at work and only out together when I could supervise. If anything, she loves being an only bun. And with the horrible snow, I've been home more days than not to keep her company and let her out.

I've been frantically cleaning and rearranging as a way to cope. If I'm busy, I'm alright. I'm also looking to change some things in my life as I believe it was Prancer's way of telling me it was time to get out of this rut. Life it too short to do things I strongly dislike.

I am so very sorry - have just read this and I feel so sad for you.:cry: Prancer sounds like he was a delightful boy who loved you very much.

You do what you like with his ashes - and don't feel silly. We all have different ways of mourning our beloved pets. If you need him close to you right now then that is just fine. We have a freezer full of little hamsters and some goldfish that have gone to the bridge - we are ready to let them go now, but at the time of their passing, it was all too raw still. See - that's silly - but it helps us move on.

Binky free Prancer - I hope and the Inspector solve that case at the Bridge along with all the other buns there.

I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to your wee boy, the kindest thing is the hardest thing to do. I hope you got his ashes home today, and I agree, you do whatever makes you feel close to him and brings you comfort.
What a lovely thing from the vets to give you a paw print, such a lovely keepsake. I wish I had one for my bridge bunny.
Binky free Prancer, find the other RU bunnies, and have a ball xxx

Back