• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Possible nest?

Thanks everyone and I will definitely look into Wood Green and I will take the vets offer up of the free health checks which is running all through June for RAW. Hopefully I'l get some neuter vouchers/grants very soon and get this mess dealt with xx

What news Lenslady?

How are things? :wave:

Not much news I'm afraid in terms of spaying as haven't had any emails from anyone so looks like I might have to fund it all myself.

I am also very uncomfortable with the idea of aborting any babies it really makes me feel bad. For the past 2 days she has been a complete sweetheart. I haven't used gloves for 2-3 days now and had no biting! Had the usual lunging but even that seems to be a more gentle act from her. Her coat is looking so shiny, she looks so much better than she did when she first came to me so I am unsure wether its because of her new diet or the fact that she is now pregnant. Mind you Troy's Coat looks lovely too and he is such a big friendly teddy bear. They really are lovely.

I think I am going to book Troy in next week as I get paid but I am leaning more towards leaving Talis be. I don't really want to put her through spaying with the way she is at the moment because she is only now starting to settle. So I am going to wait it out and deal with any additions. Luckily I have 3 family members that would take some of the babies and I know they would have good homes, I will probably keep what I can. I will cross that bridge when i come to it. I will just have to see in 27-28 days time.

Burberry and Buttercup (our new baby) are not doing very well at all in regard to bonding ;(. Burb keeps picking on her and trying to fight. I stop it before it gets out of hand but yeah, thats not going to well at the moment.

Will keep you all updated xx

Lots going on then! Good luck with everything x

Thank you. It might turn out to be that she isn't pregnant at all but I think I would rather let her this litter and then book for her spay after she has nursed them. To be honest I am more worried about this virus going around :( I am going to stop people out of my immediate family going near my buns xx

It's very worrying isn't it. I read Santas post yesterday :( Our vets don't have the vaccine yet or any idea when they will.

I think I would feel the same about her possible pregnancy and let nature take its course. Obviously it wouldn't be an option for everyone and I wouldn't judge anyone who felt that it was something they couldn't take on x

It's very worrying isn't it. I read Santas post yesterday :( Our vets don't have the vaccine yet or any idea when they will.

I think I would feel the same about her possible pregnancy and let nature take its course. Obviously it wouldn't be an option for everyone and I wouldn't judge anyone who felt that it was something they couldn't take on x

It's going to be extremely difficult, especially as I could end up with 8+ baby French lops. I am just not comfortable with getting her spayed just yet. I am making so much progress with her and I don't want to lose her again or put her through more stress. As for the possible babies its going to be very hard finding them homes, especially if I get attached to them. Hopefully she will not have a huge litter and if all goes well I will probably keep most of them after my family members have picked theirs. Troy is going in next week for a castration and Talis will definitely be done when i feel its right. I just hope that if she is pregnant that everything goes ok and she can nurse them well.

I am going to phone around and see who is offering this vaccine . There hasn't been any cases down here in Cornwall that I know of as yet. xx

Ditto. Apparently there was no more stock left when they ordered :(

Lenslady, I appreciate your decision. It's a very tough call. I'm really glad you're making progress with Tails and bonding.x

Back