• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

poorly nose - please help

I hate to say this but I can't see any difference between yesterday's pics and the ones from a few weeks ago. Maybe it's hard to tell from the photos, what do you think seeing as you see her every day and can get up close?

Apart from her nose and watery eye she does appear quite normal. Does it bother her at all, or does she go about her day as usual?

What was the last thing the vet has said? Did they simply prescribe more antibiotics? Have they taken any swabs?

i think when the scab (more like a huge part of her nose cavity - a nodule i guess?) eventually comes away she might have a big hole next to her nose!!!!!:shock: :(

yes she's ok in herself and goes about her usual daily habits

doesn't seem to bother her even though both eyes don't look great, and although her breathing is noisy (snuffly) again it doesn't seem to be causing her any problems.

finished anti-biotics yesterday and had considered seeing or calling vets but i'm quite happy with how she is (in that she's good in herself and not getting any worse).

she's been on anti-biotics for approx. 4-5 of the 6 weeks so far. might phone vets tomorrow just to see if they want to continue with them. i can't see that they are doing anything but i guess it's more preventative??

i'm feeling more positive than i did a few weeks ago, i guess i'm just impatient and want to see her looking back to her old self again.

Awww I'm glad she seems normal and happy apart from that. I think the hard thing here is that they don't know what it is, that is always distressing because we expect our vets to know everything, I do anyway! :rolleyes:

Poor girly, give her lots of fuss from me too!

Keep us updated :)

Awww I'm glad she seems normal and happy apart from that. I think the hard thing here is that they don't know what it is, that is always distressing because we expect our vets to know everything, I do anyway! :rolleyes:

Poor girly, give her lots of fuss from me too!

Keep us updated :)

I'd be really tempted to seek advice from another vet, are there anymore vets nearby who you could take her to? Hope she's better soon.

I'd be really tempted to seek advice from another vet, are there anymore vets nearby who you could take her to? Hope she's better soon.

there are but i'm 99.9% certain it's nodular myxi from everything i've read on here. all the symptoms are identical in which case it's just a case of sitting tight and seeing it through....:?

there are but i'm 99.9% certain it's nodular myxi from everything i've read on here. all the symptoms are identical in which case it's just a case of sitting tight and seeing it through....:?

Surely it would be better to seek a second opinion to either dismiss or confirm that that is the case- perhaps you could call a couple of surgeries and offer to e-mail the pictures in and explain what treatment she's already had etc.

I'd just be worried that its something entirely different that needs treating differently- it must be frustrating not getting a real answer from your current vet.

That's all very well but you need to bear in mind that you are getting opinions from unqualified people who haven't seen your rabbit in the flesh. If she were my rabbit I'd be taking the info T & B has given and getting a second opinion or at least looking for another vet close by. It's not really fair on her to be saying you're just going to sit tight and hope guessing is the right answer :?

it will be 9 weeks on monday but she is definitely showing signs of getting better now.

eating much better now, not just yummy things like apple, carrot, kurly kale but also her dry food pellet/mix.

she's pooping alot more now and poops looking back to normal:shock:

for weeks she was right off her dry food and hardly producing any poops at all.

the last couple of days her breathing seems less noisy/snuffly which is great!!:D

visually she still looks pretty much the same (most recent photos from 29th oct)

100-0034_IMG.jpg

100-0033_IMG.jpg

eyes still abit weepy but don't seem quite as bad as they have been.

hopefully well on the way to recovery (touch wood), she seems abit more like her self, doing some of her mad sprints and for the first time in ages running down to me when i went in the garden.:D

Oh that's great news! I must say it does look much less swollen and more like a simple scab now.

That is a real little fighter you have there! :D

glad she improving all of us and especially the ones such as me who have or hav had mxyi buns will day keep fighting it day by day never give up! glad she is improving...my chels looks a hundred times better than when she originally contracted it. hugs to u and bunny xx

just some updated photos (not that they look any different TBH):shock:

but pleased to report jessie is still fine and i would say back on top form except for the obvious!!!:shock:

100-0008_IMG.jpg

100-0007_IMG.jpg

100-0006_IMG.jpg

100-0005_IMG.jpg

100-0004_IMG.jpg

Glad she's feeling well :wave:

It's so odd though isn't it, I really would have expected it to drop off by now... maybe it's because it's so big. Although it does appear to be lifting, which it didn't before, that must be a good sign.

Poor girl, she must have to be very careful when she washes her face :?

Thanks for the update, she's so gorgeous and brave xxx

Am so happy that Jessie is feeling better.

I hope that the lump soon clears or drops off. It certainly is very bizarre!

Jessie is such a brave bunny!

just an update to say jessie is absolutely fine and in good health except for the fact she still has that huge scab thing!!!!

can't believe it's still there after all this time and to be honest hasn't really changed much from the last pictures and shows little sign of coming off!!:shock:

This is so bizarre! :shock: I can't believe it's still there :? It's great to hear she is well despite the lump though! :D :wave:

ive just caught up with this thread and poor poor bunny glad to hear things seem to be improving though, let's hope that scab falls off soon

Back