• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poor honey has a bad ear infection

I second Bunny Buddy on how cruel life has been for u Honey and Harvey
Ruth I was soo upset to read this. We have all travelled a journey with u and took both Honey and Harvey into our hearts. I am so sad that she could not fight more. But u were the bestest mom in the world to her and spared no expense on her. She was a beautiful angel and now she is snuggling with little Harvey. Take care Ruth and soo sorry for ur loss I truly am x

I am so so sorry and sad to hear this update. Do not blame yourself in anyway, you did everything that you felt was best for her at the time and thought everything through thoroughly and got all the advice you possibly could, hindsight is a wonderful thing, you were both just very unlucky.

Binky free little one.x.x.x.x.

Ruth, I can't put into words how desperately sad I am that you've lost Honey :cry: Please, please don't blame yourself. You did absolutely everything you could for her and it is so horribly cruel and unfair that she didn't make it :(

Huge hugs, we will always be here for you.

Binky free Honey, and take good care of her Harvey xxx

:cry: I'm so so sorry :cry: sometimes life is so unfair. Binky free Honey xx

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

I am deeply sorry Ruth. Life can be so very cruel and unfair, but you always gave the absolute best to your bunnies. I will keep you in my thoughts. xx

Goodnight brave Honey, sleep tight little one xx

Oh no :( I am so sorry it was time to say goodbye to Honey. You have done your absolute best for both her and Harvey. They will never be forgotten xxx Sweet dreams Honey xx

Sorry I've just caught up with this. I'm really sorry to read about honey it really breaks my heart. She'll be binkying around with Harvey I'm sure xxx

I can't believe what I am reading! I feel close to tears myself so I just cannot imagine how you are feeling Ruth. I am so utterly sorry you have lost Honey as well. It is just heartbreaking. You are an amazing bunny mum and did the best you could for both of them. I hope you are still able to have somewhat of a happy Christmas, sending you lots of hugs xxx

I can't believe this Ruth - you and your bunnies have had the worst luck. I'm so sorry. You could not have done more for them, and they were lucky to spend their lives with you.
RIP beautiful Honey x

I'm sorry to upset anyone on Xmas eve. But just to thank everyone for all your support throughout everything in the last year. To say the least it has been hell and the worst year I have ever had. Well today my poor little girl has now been laid to rest. :( :(

I can't stop crying, and no doubt it's going to take a long time to get over all the heart ache. Over the last couple of days honeys fight has just been lacking, she has lost weight and is also struggling to wee. She is showing to be in more pain and isn't coping at all with the bad head tilt and rolling! Life just isn't fair and I could see in her eyes today.. Enough was enough! This has truely broken my heart and I will never forget my beautiful girl who made us laugh so much. I can't believe in the space of 2 months I have lost you both. But hopefully now you are re-United with Harvey! I'm so sorry I couldn't of done more and will never forgive myself for having your ear flushed.

Sleep tight my angel! Miss you so much already xx

Dear Ruthy,

You have been thorough so much this year with Harvey and Honey in spite of all your prompt and wonderful care. It must have been torture for you to have to make such a loving decision to help Honey pass to the rainbow bridge to be with Harvey when you were doing so much to help her to get better. May the coming year bring you better news with one guardian angel on each shoulder.

I can't express how saddened I am to hear that Honey has passed. :cry: I am so terribly sorry, Ruth. :(
Bless you, you've had so much to cope with. You did all that you could. Please do not blame yourself. I really hope that you can take comfort in knowing that you loved Honey deary and she obviously knew you did. I'm sure she and Harvey are smiling upon you now.
Thinking of you and sending comforting and strengthening vibes and hugs.
Sleep well and sweet dreams, Honey. xxxxxxx

Back