• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poor honey has a bad ear infection

I am so, so late to this but have just read through the whole thread.

Ruth I am so sorry that you're having even more heartbreak

All the vibes I can muster are winging there way to your beautiful Honey. Gentle hugs being sent to you too. xx

:( :( :(

No more bad luck.. Her right bulla is completely full with pus and Debre and their is also some light shading in her left which again isn't good!

I'm absolutely heart broken.. I would never put her through more surgery, so it's basically a sit and wait to see what happens, all I can do is just hope and pray for some luck. But I have decided tonight I just can't keep doing this, and the next time she stops eating or she is showing signs of getting worse or depressed, we may have to call it.

All I'm going to concentrate on is her happiness, that's all that matters now until the time comes.

Heartbroken is not the word... I'm in agony with pain and just can't stop crying, I've just had enough of everything and their is only so must positivity one person can have. I'm sorry everyone, but I think I'm going to take a break from the forum. I appreciate everyone on here for everything but if I lose honey, I think it honestly might finish me off! :(

I can completely understand that feeling and I wont try to negate it. How we feel is how we feel

All I will say is that I 100% support you decision about Honey

In my opinion it is the most humane and compassionate thing to do. High tech intervention and pushing surgical bounderies may all be possible, but IMO they are not always right to do. In your situation with Honey Ruth, and what I know about ear infections/surgery in Rabbits my decision would be exactly the same as yours.

My hope for Honey now is that she can remain as happy and contented as possible for as long as possible. She has you to make sure that she has good pain control and unconditional love.

((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))) xx

:( :( :(

No more bad luck.. Her right bulla is completely full with pus and Debre and their is also some light shading in her left which again isn't good!

I'm absolutely heart broken.. I would never put her through more surgery, so it's basically a sit and wait to see what happens, all I can do is just hope and pray for some luck. But I have decided tonight I just can't keep doing this, and the next time she stops eating or she is showing signs of getting worse or depressed, we may have to call it.

All I'm going to concentrate on is her happiness, that's all that matters now until the time comes.

Heartbroken is not the word... I'm in agony with pain and just can't stop crying, I've just had enough of everything and their is only so must positivity one person can have. I'm sorry everyone, but I think I'm going to take a break from the forum. I appreciate everyone on here for everything but if I lose honey, I think it honestly might finish me off! :(

Dear Ruthy,

Your prior update on her gave me so much hope she would have a full recovery before Christmas. In her picture she looked better than I expected based on my own head tilt bunnies.
When I read your latest update, I was absolutely crushed that you and Honey did not get the news you wanted.

Like you, I have given bunnies a lot of home care to help them to get better. It can rip your heart to shreds when a bunny does not have a good chance of a complete recovery. That is when I keep them comfortable and make whatever days, weeks, or months they have with me as enjoyable and comfortable for them as possible.

Please know our thoughts are with you and Honey.

I'm sorry to upset anyone on Xmas eve. But just to thank everyone for all your support throughout everything in the last year. To say the least it has been hell and the worst year I have ever had. Well today my poor little girl has now been laid to rest. :( :(

I can't stop crying, and no doubt it's going to take a long time to get over all the heart ache. Over the last couple of days honeys fight has just been lacking, she has lost weight and is also struggling to wee. She is showing to be in more pain and isn't coping at all with the bad head tilt and rolling! Life just isn't fair and I could see in her eyes today.. Enough was enough! This has truely broken my heart and I will never forget my beautiful girl who made us laugh so much. I can't believe in the space of 2 months I have lost you both. But hopefully now you are re-United with Harvey! I'm so sorry I couldn't of done more and will never forgive myself for having your ear flushed.

Sleep tight my angel! Miss you so much already xx

I'm sorry to upset anyone on Xmas eve. But just to thank everyone for all your support throughout everything in the last year. To say the least it has been hell and the worst year I have ever had. Well today my poor little girl has now been laid to rest. :( :(

I can't stop crying, and no doubt it's going to take a long time to get over all the heart ache. Over the last couple of days honeys fight has just been lacking, she has lost weight and is also struggling to wee. She is showing to be in more pain and isn't coping at all with the bad head tilt and rolling! Life just isn't fair and I could see in her eyes today.. Enough was enough! This has truely broken my heart and I will never forget my beautiful girl who made us laugh so much. I can't believe in the space of 2 months I have lost you both. But hopefully now you are re-United with Harvey! I'm so sorry I couldn't of done more and will never forgive myself for having your ear flushed.

Sleep tight my angel! Miss you so much already xx

Love to Angel Honey and Angel Harvey this Christmas :love:

Immense love and strength to Ruth as you get through this time.

You are loved much, and we are all with you in spirit. Take care xx

I'm just so very sorry Ruth, you did the very best for her, as you did for Harvey. Run free together at the bridge beautiful Honey xxxxxx

This is truly heartbreaking, I am so so sorry :cry:

Sweet dreams precious Honey, reunited with Harvey forever xxx

I really can't believe how cruel fate has been to you and these two bunnies. All the more cruel that as Harvey's sister she was also a link to him.

They really couldn't have had a better owner but even that isn't enough sometimes, you fought so hard for them, and also understood when enough was enough.

:cry::cry::cry:

I can't think of a more doting bunny mum - my heart goes out to you Ruth

Run free Honey, in to the arms of your beloved Harvey xx

Back