• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Barney. Molly has issues U/D been to vets

Well Molly hasn't trashed this morning so far... I'm taking that as a good sign. I have also reduced her pellets right down like Barney, maybe that was another factor. It is going to be a nightmare doing her ears again later, she is very wary of OH now after last night. She knows what's coming. And she HATES being restrained. It's so difficult :(

She might hate it but that is different from being traumatised by it and we all have to do things that we don't like in order to be ok, and bunnies are no different.

It's also important the energy you approach her/the situation with, so that neither of you exacerbate it further by carrying any emotion other than calm. If you're stressed/worried/nervous/scared about it, she will feed up off all of that and then act accordingly too.

Good luck :)

She might hate it but that is different from being traumatised by it and we all have to do things that we don't like in order to be ok, and bunnies are no different.

It's also important the energy you approach her/the situation with, so that neither of you exacerbate it further by carrying any emotion other than calm. If you're stressed/worried/nervous/scared about it, she will feed up off all of that and then act accordingly too.

Easier said than done. We are not all born nurses :lol::lol:

It's not so bad if there's 2 of you but on your own is not easy at times. Good luck Ripminnie

Easier said than done. We are not all born nurses :lol::lol:

It's not so bad if there's 2 of you but on your own is not easy at times. Good luck Ripminnie

:? I didn't say it was easy nor that someone has to be a nurse (I'm sure that you find people with calm energies in all walks of life, not just nursing) but being aware of how you're feeling and the impact it can have on the animal can be very useful for some people. Even if ripminnie knows (which I'm sure she does) someone else reading this may not realise and therefore learning and being more self aware may be of benefit to them.

For the record I do about 98% of all my medicating and physical bunny care myself so I know exactly what's like to do it by myself.

Thanks Sky-O :wave:
Yes i do try to not be stressed now, i have seen how they pick up on it. I just hope we can grab her without her legging it :lol: she has definitely been better behaved today though :D

:? I didn't say it was easy nor that someone has to be a nurse (I'm sure that you find people with calm energies in all walks of life, not just nursing) but being aware of how you're feeling and the impact it can have on the animal can be very useful for some people. Even if ripminnie knows (which I'm sure she does) someone else reading this may not realise and therefore learning and being more self aware may be of benefit to them.

For the record I do about 98% of all my medicating and physical bunny care myself so I know exactly what's like to do it by myself.

And for the record, if you knew my Mother and how I had been brought up, you would I hope understand why I said that. No-one is perfect.

And for the record, if you knew my Mother and how I had been brought up, you would I hope understand why I said that. No-one is perfect.

I don't want any falling out! :( I totally understood Sky-O's post, people do need to know that rabbits pick up their owners stress very easily. It is very important to try and not show them you are stressed etc. Sky-O knows more than anyone I have ever met (online or otherwise) about bunny behaviour. Her posts are invaluable to me and many others. I appreciate everyone elses posts aswell though! I think people take things the wrong way on here a LOT, and it's such a shame :(

Thanks Sky-O :wave:
Yes i do try to not be stressed now, i have seen how they pick up on it. I just hope we can grab her without her legging it :lol: she has definitely been better behaved today though :D

Well done to you and well done to Molly. :thumb:

I'm so pleased Barney is ok. And, don't misinterpret please, but I'm sort of glad Molly has something obviously wrong, so she can be treated and its not bad behaviour or falling out with Barney. Really really hope she responds to her treatment and its not too stressful for you and your OH to give her the medication.

Incidentally when my sister was little she was prone to ear infections and I remember her screaming with pain, so it must be awful for a bunny.

Get well vibes for Molly and hugs & noserubs to you and Barney respectively.:love:

Thanks, yes absolutely! I'm glad there is something treatable! Just hope it gets better!!
:wave:
I'm so pleased Barney is ok. And, don't misinterpret please, but I'm sort of glad Molly has something obviously wrong, so she can be treated and its not bad behaviour or falling out with Barney. Really really hope she responds to her treatment and its not too stressful for you and your OH to give her the medication.

Incidentally when my sister was little she was prone to ear infections and I remember her screaming with pain, so it must be awful for a bunny.

Get well vibes for Molly and hugs & noserubs to you and Barney respectively.:love:

Well i am quite impressed with my OH, he is managing to hold Molly still really well while i put her drops in :D normally he is scared of holding her too tight and hurting her, and she escapes, but he has done fine the last two nights. 2 down, 8 to go! Her trashing of the litter tray has almost stopped, she still digs a bit but not right down to the paper. So the metacam must be helping her too. I really hope the drops work this time, i don't want her to have sore ears all the time :(

Back