• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Agouti Bunnies U/D new pics p32

Awww... I love agouti bunnies so much!! If my circumstances were different I'd be beating down your door for them. :(

I love agouti bunnies too! :love:

Personally I think it's because they're considered too "normal" or even "boring" by people looking for a first time rabbit. Who wants an "everyday" rabbit when there's unsual ginger ones and fancy herliquin ones with their unique markings? It's a shame but just from speaking to people I know who aren't really into bunnies they'd rather opt for a more interseting "statement" bunny than your average run of the mill wild type one.

Definatly not my views though and I do apprecaite it sounds like I'm describing a handbag as opposed to a real life creature, but it's just the impression I get from people around me :(

I love agoutis. I was going to take one when we got Eli but after seeing he was poorly I just couldn't leave him there.

I love agouti bunnies too! :love:

Personally I think it's because they're considered too "normal" or even "boring" by people looking for a first time rabbit. Who wants an "everyday" rabbit when there's unsual ginger ones and fancy herliquin ones with their unique markings? It's a shame but just from speaking to people I know who aren't really into bunnies they'd rather opt for a more interseting "statement" bunny than your average run of the mill wild type one.

Definatly not my views though and I do apprecaite it sounds like I'm describing a handbag as opposed to a real life creature, but it's just the impression I get from people around me :(

I think that really is how a lot of people see it. To so many people, they are just "cute" living teddy bears.

A friend of mine the other day said how she wanted a tortoise because "it would be quite cool to have one, but they dont really do much do they". I am really not sure how serious she was.

A friend of mine the other day said how she wanted a tortoise because "it would be quite cool to have one, but they dont really do much do they". I am really not sure how serious she was.

I've said something incredibly similar myself actually :lol:
I saw some long tailed lizards and I really really wanted one just because they're cool. But then I realised in the time I'd stood there looking at them they hadn't really entertained me more than a photograph would.

I've said something incredibly similar myself actually :lol:
I saw some long tailed lizards and I really really wanted one just because they're cool. But then I realised in the time I'd stood there looking at them they hadn't really entertained me more than a photograph would.

Well, I've probably had the same thought but at the end of the day its a commitment and a responsibility and these animals deserve a loving home where they can be themselves - rather than being a plaything or a status symbol, which was more my interpretation of what she was saying.

Well, I've probably had the same thought but at the end of the day its a commitment and a responsibility and these animals deserve a loving home where they can be themselves - rather than being a plaything or a status symbol, which was more my interpretation of what she was saying.

I know a lot of people who want an unusual pet to make them seem that little bit more "wild". :roll:

We have an agouti male in at the moment, and also a pair of black males :( We also have a plain grey and a plain REW bunny that have been here for around a year i think :(

My Ronnie is agouti and is stunning :love: If only i had more space x

My brother isn't really interested in my harlequin, Daphne, he loves Lucy because she looks like a wild bun (although she isn't agouti just browny-ginger) and Castiel even though he's black :( I suppose it's different really though because they are my pets so he knows their personalities, if he was just going off looks he might choose a 'patterned' bun.

There should definately be an agouti appreciation thread :love:

New pics of the agoutis!

Flapjack
giantbunsbabies076.jpg

Elvira
giantbunsbabies103.jpg

Ringo
giantbunsbabies041.jpg

Pancake
giantbunsbabies049.jpg

Fruitcake
giantbunsbabies020.jpg

I loovvveeee Agouti Bunnies!! :love::love::love::love:
My bridge bun Skeeter was an Agouti bun. I miss him tons.
It is a shame they are overlooked.

I love agouti bunny ...I lost my only one a few month back I used to call her my true looking bunny..I wonder if my group would accept a baby? as there more than enough room to add more into it they are in a 8 by 6 shed with a large 12footby 6 foot run attached with there own outside warren

:love: I have always liked them as they are "natural" looking. I now have one by default (someone's daughter.......usual story). She is the most delightful bunny, so gentle and wants company. Currently trying to bond her with my other two.:roll:

I love my Agouti bunny!!!

Tibbsy was a present from my OH - he decided on her "because she looks like a proper rabbit", and I love her to bits!! Someone else has said it, but she is the perfect mix of stroppy narkiness and smoochy cuddle-bun!

Here she is:
100_1213-1.jpg
[/IMG]

:love::love::love:

Back