• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

POLL. Bottles or Bowls?

Water .......Bottle or bowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bea has a bowl and Blue has a bottle. Ollie used to have a bowl too. blue always seemed to look a bit baffled by the bowl....and Ollie wouldnt drimnk from the bottle :roll:
Blues really funny about which bottle he uses too......J managed to melt his 'old' one by putting boiling water in it to clean it :roll:........so we bought him a new one which he point blank refused to use. So he has his melty one back :roll:

Bowls. I did give the option to both groups of a bowl and a bottle but the bottles never got touched! I wouldnt go back to bottles now as they seem so frustrating for them to be only able to get a dribble.

Bottle. No point in mine having a bowl as she would just throw it around and the water would be all over the floor. She is always throwing her food bowl around and likes to throw mugs and cups aswell when they have been left lying around.

All of mine use both.
Salt and Pepper use their bottle more than their bowl, Squidgy like to use his at night making a huge racket! and I didn't think Daisy-Boo and Pippin liked theirs, but I've seen them using it quite a lot recently.

Bea has a bowl and Blue has a bottle. Ollie used to have a bowl too. blue always seemed to look a bit baffled by the bowl....and Ollie wouldnt drimnk from the bottle :roll:
Blues really funny about which bottle he uses too......J managed to melt his 'old' one by putting boiling water in it to clean it :roll:........so we bought him a new one which he point blank refused to use. So he has his melty one back :roll:

I did that once - what an idiot I was - It must have been about 5 years ago so I was about 12 :lol:
You can tell John that :lol:

My 2 have 3 bowls because Nunzeo is a bit funny about where her drinks from, if I put the best bowl in the wrong place he wont drink from it, and he'll go to one of the others. Abbey will drink from a bottle or a bowl and doesn't really care.

I did that once - what an idiot I was - It must have been about 5 years ago so I was about 12 :lol:
You can tell John that :lol:

I'm sure he'll appreciate it :lol:
I was in stitches when I can into the kitchen and saw it....he was so embarrased :lol:
Bea jusr dribbles her water everywhere :roll: (no teeth problems though....was the first thing I had checked. She's just a dribbly bun :love:)

I now use a bowl because Jose decided to chew and eat the rubber seals on 2 bottles (the rubber bit that secures the metal end bit to the plastic bottom bit)

She has a bit of a thing for rubber things.....:roll:

I will always use both as a bottle went wrong once at the height of summer, I didn't know that could happen and consequently lost a guinea pig because of it:( But they can tip bowls over so I keep the bowl under the bottle:)

Both for day time and just bowls for night time as they are in our bedroom and Strawberry loves to pull the water bottle so it makes a really loud noise al night!

Bowl :wave:

But they have 3 bowls between the pair of them, in case they tip one over and the third is actually slightly sunk into the ground so they can't tip it over (but amazing how much water they can splash out of it anyway by running through it :roll::lol: )

Bowls for my two.

They're really good about not tipping them up, but Daisy occasionally binkies into one of them and sends water flying - usually when I'm standing near enough for a soaking :lol:

Back