• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

POLL ADDEDCant get a boyf for my bun for 6 weeks!?!? :-(

How Long should you wait to bond a female after spay?

• 2-3 Weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-5 Weeks

• 6 Weeks +

• Depends on Bunny

• Total voters
Bunnies heal up a lot quicker than humans do :wink: Even after a week you can feel the muscle wall has healed well. I normally leave 10 - 14 days after a castrate or spay although recently done one pair after 9 days with absolutly no problems atall. In fact with all the hundreds I have had done I have only ever had 1 develop a hernia but she was already bonded with a male anyway ;)

sgprescue said:
Bunnies heal up a lot quicker than humans do :wink: Even after a week you can feel the muscle wall has healed well. I normally leave 10 - 14 days after a castrate or spay although recently done one pair after 9 days with absolutly no problems atall. In fact with all the hundreds I have had done I have only ever had 1 develop a hernia but she was already bonded with a male anyway ;)

Still wouldn't risk it myself :wink:
Just a personal, unqualified, but strongly held opinion :wink:
:D :D

Janex

How are you planning on bonding your bunnies? Do you have facilities to keep them seperate for a few weeks? You could get the other bunny 2-3 weeks after the spay and let them get used to seeing each other around but not start actual intrductions until the six weeks. That could also give you the chance to bond with your new bunny.

We adopted a newly spayed bunny and bonded her with our neutered boy in two weeks but there was minimal humping attempts [which we thwarted] and we were just told to be 'careful'

I'm keeping milly and Jack completly separate (she is in a cage in the same room as Jack and they can see and sniff each other) for at least two weeks before re-introducing. What with Milly being so nervy still and Jack being so keen on humping her STILL I don't want her getting hurt. I am basically going to have to re-bond them I think although Jack and Milly were looking and sniffing each other through the cage wire last night so maybe they will remain bonded!

Back