• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please think Of Kirsty, Andy & Lola...Rory just died :'(

I am really sorry Kirsty :cry:

If you feel able to perhaps you could ask your Vet to inform the vaccine manufacturers of this tragic event. Of course Rory's passing may not have been anything to do with the VHD Vaccination. But given that he passed away less than 24 hours after vaccination I do think the manufacturers need to be notified.

Sorry to talk 'practicalities' at what is obviously a very sad time for you :cry:
We get our Buns vaccinated as we want to do our very best for them so please try not to think you did the wrong thing.

Janex

:cry: oh i am sooo sorry hun...((((((((KIRSTY AND ANDY)))))))))

special bunny hugs for Lola......

you did what was best..i lost one thre days after his myxi booster and he had a stroke etc and resp failure and died horribly after seeing the pdsa vet:evil:

its one of things..it may have been a coincedence like we think with ours or it may be the jab..either way they ned to relaise its a bit odd to die so fast after a jab of it isnt a reaction.

we take risks with everything we treat our pets with..and oursleves..allergic reactions etc no one knows when or who.....it just hits.

Rory had a wonderful time with you...and lola..........please try not to let the images stick in your head..think about the good times....he was a special delicate little guy.

The shock factor and grief combined for you are traumatic so please lean otward lola who is finding it even harder to understand right now...and maybe you will find comfort in each other..bless little rory...may he binky free in green fields in sunshine...xxxxx

OH MY GOD kirsty, Im so sorry. Lilly died recently, and i know how awful you must be feeling, please stay positive for Lola

Im so sorry and Binky free boyo x

Thank you everyone. It means a lot to have people who care and understand. We are lost at the moment. Lola is taking everything well but we are giving her lots of extra cuddles and nose rubs.

I just wanted to add that although it is possible that we have lost our Rory due to complications arising from the VHD injection, i would never advise against having it done.

so sorry to read this post, its very sad he was taken from you and so soon after finding his forever home.

atleast he passed knowing he was loved.

my thoughts are with you x

I am so, so sorry :cry::cry::cry: I was watching the thread today and hoped he would settle after the vet trip. Big hugs to you Kirsty you did all you could :cry::cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

OMG, how TERRIBLE. :cry: My deepest sympathies to Kirsty, Andy, and Lola. xxxxx

Binky free at the Bridge forever, beautiful big boy. xxxxx :cry: :cry:

I;m so sorry to hear this Kirsty, it seems just like yesterday that he was bonding with Lola.:(:( I have a friend whose two bunnies died after their first vaccines. The vet performed a PM and found they'd reacted severely. As soon as you find the strength, I would ask the vet as Jane has advised to inform the compnay. You did the right thing though. Special hugs for you and Lola.

Thankyou everyone for your kind words and thoughts. It still feels like this is not really happening. I keep torturing myself with the 'what if's' even though i know it will do me no good.

Back