• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please send vibes, I can't cope with this right now :(

My arthritic bunny is heading the same way as your Tinkerbell. Henry has recently stopped coming down stairs, ( he had found it easier to go up as he sort of propelled himself sideways). I do think he is beyond the help of glucosamine.
ATM he can still move well on the flat but often trips over his food bowls and I have to help him back on to his feet. He is on daily metacam and I am happy to say he eats well and loves his junior excell, (he has this because as he has only two molars and no inscisors).
To be worrying about your Mum aswell must be causing you so much distress, I hope get well vibes will work for you.

Have you tried acupunture?

Have to agree, don't judge acupuncture until you've had experience of it. My dad is an alcoholic, he's in his late 60s now, and acupuncture is the only prescribed therapy that has ever worked for him. Hope you find it helpful hun xx

Its only because we also tried it on my sisters pony for his back and didn't work, spent a fortune for nothing... but i am willing to try anything that will possibly help her x

Jo tried acupuncture for Luna and sadly it didn't have the desired affect, however I know she did a lot of research so maybe worth giving it a go Lara. I do hope Tinkerbell can improve. Everything you are describing is just how a new arrival here is. Buster is 8 1/2, a blue dwarf lop and he has awful arthritis. He 'crabs', in particular when he is feeling chilled. He's currently in heated accommodation to see if it helps and he does have better mobility when the heat is on. He also has a mucky behind (intermittantly) so he's on pain relief twice daily but it's not really making a marked difference.

I just looked at the list Santa put up and we have an acupuncturist in the village apparently who does rabbits so am going to check her out.

Just to add that I'm sending you a hug, and vibes for Tinks and your mum. x

Please send vibes, I can't cope with this right now

I had my disabled kitten treated with Acupuncture:)she reponded very well:)she went from being unable to walk and dragging her back legs to walking (albeit in a rather stiff wobbly way) but she is mobile:)she can get around really quickly when she wants to...I hope your bunny gets better:)
I would certainly give Acupuncture a try :)

Jo tried acupuncture for Luna and sadly it didn't have the desired affect, however I know she did a lot of research so maybe worth giving it a go Lara. I do hope Tinkerbell can improve. Everything you are describing is just how a new arrival here is. Buster is 8 1/2, a blue dwarf lop and he has awful arthritis. He 'crabs', in particular when he is feeling chilled. He's currently in heated accommodation to see if it helps and he does have better mobility when the heat is on. He also has a mucky behind (intermittantly) so he's on pain relief twice daily but it's not really making a marked difference.

I just looked at the list Santa put up and we have an acupuncturist in the village apparently who does rabbits so am going to check her out.

Just to add that I'm sending you a hug, and vibes for Tinks and your mum. x

How do you heat his accomodation Helen? I have snugglesafes out there. How much metacam is he on? I'm going to see how we get on, shes moving much much better on the increased pain relief, she was chasing Crystal round the lounge when I brought her in for her meds and brush yesterday! I will see how she gets on, if she is still stiff I will try the acupunture, I just have to be careful with money at the moment so not rushing into anything, of course she comes first and I will get her whatever treatment will help but I'm struggling this month, babies are expensive when you're on your own!! I have seen theres a acupunturist at Forest Lodge vets up the road from me, I used to use them but were the ones that tried to charge me £120 to neuter Teddy!!!!

I had my disabled kitten treated with Acupuncture:)she reponded very well:)she went from being unable to walk and dragging her back legs to walking (albeit in a rather stiff wobbly way) but she is mobile:)she can get around really quickly when she wants to...I hope your bunny gets better:)
I would certainly give Acupuncture a try :)

wow, never realised he had such a significant effect, thats amazing!

My Daisy was on a high dose of metacam for 2.5 years. As Tinker has improved with the increased dose, it does seem that managing the metacam would be a way to go. What dose is she on now?

Sorry Tinkerbell has not been good, glad to hear she has picked up now :love: Hope the Metacam keeps her comfortable, vibes for Tink and for your Mum too xx

My Daisy was on a high dose of metacam for 2.5 years. As Tinker has improved with the increased dose, it does seem that managing the metacam would be a way to go. What dose is she on now?

I'm giving her a 6kg dose twice a day

Back