• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please meet my tripod foster bunny.......

Yes, he will be looking for a home. He's just with me temporarily while he recovers from his op.

That's a wonderful offer, Theo. :love: I have to dash out now, but will pm you as soon as I'm back in.

OK, I can take him as soon as you like, I can keep him on bed rest or you keep him until you are ready, just let me know:thumb:

Pleased to announce that this gorgeous little boy will be coming to live with us when Tracy feels that he is fit enough to travel, hopefully he will make a lovely partner for our gorgeous Ellie, she is a permanant house bunny as she has a fused spine and fused ribs which affect her guts and poos, we are really looking forward to him joining us here:love:

Awwwww Ellie is gorgeous. :love: He has so much to look forward to, a wonderful new home and a beautiful girl to share it with. :love:

Yes, and Ellie is a really gentle, loving, friendly bunny and I think they will make a good pair, I am so looking forward to it

Little lad is still doing very well. He has a very good appetite and is a good hay eater. :thumb:

He is quite mobile, although at the moment he is confined to a cage so that he can't get up to mischief. His hops are a bit wobbley, but he can do an amazing 3-legged stretch. He fully extends his back leg, goes right up onto his tiptoes and sticks his bum high in the air.

I am concerned about his eyes though, so have made an appointment at my vets for 5.45pm today.

He has dampness around both eyes and I've noticed a tiny amount of white discharge. Last night I washed around his eyes (just with lukewarm water), removed any crusty bits and gently dried him. The skin near his tear ducts looks red and sore so I think there is probably some infection there. I'll report back when we've seen the vet.

Little lad is still doing very well. He has a very good appetite and is a good hay eater. :thumb:

He is quite mobile, although at the moment he is confined to a cage so that he can't get up to mischief. His hops are a bit wobbley, but he can do an amazing 3-legged stretch. He fully extends his back leg, goes right up onto his tiptoes and sticks his bum high in the air.

I am concerned about his eyes though, so have made an appointment at my vets for 5.45pm today.

He has dampness around both eyes and I've noticed a tiny amount of white discharge. Last night I washed around his eyes (just with lukewarm water), removed any crusty bits and gently dried him. The skin near his tear ducts looks red and sore so I think there is probably some infection there. I'll report back when we've seen the vet.

Oh bless him, you are a star Tracy, well done for helping this little boy, I am so pleased he is mobile, hope his eyes are nothing serious, but it won't make any difference to me, I told Ellie this morning that she has a new boyfriend coming, she fluttered her eyelashes at me but that was probably becuase I was giving her nose rubs at the time:lol:

Good luck at the vets

We're back from the vets. His tear ducts are blocked and there is some infection there. Some horrible white pus came out during the examination. He's had the fur under his eyes trimmed so that it doesn't get so wet and gunked up. He said it might be worth having them flushed at some point in the future to see if that helps, but he did say that often it's not successful and it ends up being a case of just managing the condition. The vet said the best thing is for him to have a partner to keep his eyes clean, I said there's a girl already lined up for him!! He has Fucithalmic ointment to be applied twice a day. The vet also said it would be a good idea to have him on Metacam to help reduce the inflammation.

The vet checked his teeth and from what he could see the molars look fine. He said that from looking at his teeth he definitely thinks he is an older rabbit, so it's a possibility that his roots could be causing the tear ducts to become blocked.

He gave him a good all over check and everything else seems fine. My vets didn't do the amputation, but he gave that a check too and said it looked really good and was healing very well.

My vet's view is that the little lad is perfectly fit enough to make the journey to his new home. For me I think it needs to be sooner rather than later as this little bunny has completely stolen my heart and I know the longer he stays the harder it's going to be to part with him.

He is the sweetest and most gentle little rabbit I have ever known. He is a demanding little lad, I sat in the waiting room with my hand in the carrier stroking his head. Whenever I paused he gave my hand a big "Oi you've stopped" nudge. :lol::love:

What a lucky little boy with a lovely foster mummy, a caring adoptive mummy and a potential wifey bun! :love::love::love:

What a precious little sweetheart! :love: So glad he is safe and warm now. Wishing him a speedy recovery!

AMETHYST

We're back from the vets. His tear ducts are blocked and there is some infection there. Some horrible white pus came out during the examination. He's had the fur under his eyes trimmed so that it doesn't get so wet and gunked up. He said it might be worth having them flushed at some point in the future to see if that helps, but he did say that often it's not successful and it ends up being a case of just managing the condition. The vet said the best thing is for him to have a partner to keep his eyes clean, I said there's a girl already lined up for him!! He has Fucithalmic ointment to be applied twice a day. The vet also said it would be a good idea to have him on Metacam to help reduce the inflammation.

The vet checked his teeth and from what he could see the molars look fine. He said that from looking at his teeth he definitely thinks he is an older rabbit, so it's a possibility that his roots could be causing the tear ducts to become blocked.

He gave him a good all over check and everything else seems fine. My vets didn't do the amputation, but he gave that a check too and said it looked really good and was healing very well.

My vet's view is that the little lad is perfectly fit enough to make the journey to his new home. For me I think it needs to be sooner rather than later as this little bunny has completely stolen my heart and I know the longer he stays the harder it's going to be to part with him.

He is the sweetest and most gentle little rabbit I have ever known. He is a demanding little lad, I sat in the waiting room with my hand in the carrier stroking his head. Whenever I paused he gave my hand a big "Oi you've stopped" nudge. :lol::love:

Oh wow! that is good news, my vet will try a flush and if they are totally blocked then I will manage the condition, I am soooooooooooooooooo used to doing that:lol: I am sopleased everything else is looking good and Ellie is a groomer so hopefully she will look after him, I just hope the bond works, from the sounds of it I think it will, they are both gentle, loving bunnies:love::love::love:

I am ready whenever you are, just say the word and I will meet you, really looking forward to it

Waiting for his breakfast this morning. :love:

He's got such a grumpy little face. :lol::love:

Mr%25203%2520Legs_04.jpg

Back