• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please may Benjie have good wishes for tomorrow?

Be gentle to Benji plum faery, and leave him some tasty noms in exchange for his plums like all good faeries do!:love: Vibes for the little man!

Goodness I'd no idea! It's probably already happened by now (I do so despise time zone confusion) so I'll just add a good luck and God Bless wish plus some quick healing and stay healthy vibes from my side of the globe. :)
(((((((((((((((Benjie))))))))))))))))

Thank you also much everyone. Benjie is safely home, a bit subdued as expected. I'm going to enjoy the evening with him, while he's "not up to much!":lol:
Fingers crossed for the next 24 hours there's no relapse of infection.

Great news! Now hopefully with all your wonderful care his body will be strong enough to fight off any infection.

So good to hear he came through well. :) Many happy and swift recuperating vibes for him! ((((((((((Benjie))))))))))

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers as always. ((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

Thankyou so much for all your good wishes. They are sincerely appreciated.:)

I should have said that the vet used an interesting technique, sometimes used in humans, to close Benjie's wound.
The strong stitches are of a dissolvable material & put under the skin, & the thin layer of skin is glued together over the stitches. So there's no need to remove stitches & more importantly no annoying ends for the bunny to nibble at!
He's completely back to normal now, complete with humping behaviour :roll:.

Yes, Mimzmum, the op was forced on us as an urgency when he was mounting me incessantly. We got in a right tangle 1/2 way down stairs, with my leg, then arm & finally my back as I tried to "disengage" us. Rather than nuisance, it had become dangerous, with a high risk that one or both of us would sustain serious injury by falling, whether on the stairs or not.
Given that it will be a few weeks before the drive eases off, we had to go ahead ASAP, fingers crossed that it didn't knock his immune system too much. I'm hoping that if we can get through tomorrow without sneezing & nasal discharge we'll have "made it".

Thankyou so much for all your good wishes. They are sincerely appreciated.:)

I should have said that the vet used an interesting technique, sometimes used in humans, to close Benjie's wound.
The strong stitches are of a dissolvable material & put under the skin, & the thin layer of skin is glued together over the stitches. So there's no need to remove stitches & more importantly no annoying ends for the bunny to nibble at!
He's completely back to normal now, complete with humping behaviour :roll:.

Yes, Mimzmum, the op was forced on us as an urgency when he was mounting me incessantly. We got in a right tangle 1/2 way down stairs, with my leg, then arm & finally my back as I tried to "disengage" us. Rather than nuisance, it had become dangerous, with a high risk that one or both of us would sustain serious injury by falling, whether on the stairs or not.
Given that it will be a few weeks before the drive eases off, we had to go ahead ASAP, fingers crossed that it didn't knock his immune system too much. I'm hoping that if we can get through tomorrow without sneezing & nasal discharge we'll have "made it".

Louie had the same technique, he groomed "down there" quite a bit for the first few hours after his neuter but he healed really well and really quickly.

The op doesn't seem to bother boys much does it? After Louie's op I made him a lovely recovery area, a puppy pen with a snugglesafe, hay in a rack, a low littertray. I put him in there when we got back from the vets and within minutes he was trashing it and attempting to move the pen with his teeth.

I let him out and he continued with his normal freeranging ways :lol::lol::lol:

I am really pleased he is through his op and back to normal. Fingers crossed the hormones don't take too long to settle. I was interested to note the same technique when my foster bun was done last month. Normally they have visible stitches but this time it was only a glued d scar. He didn't worry it at all and was back to normal quickly.

I think Spenser had the same technique, but I only saw his wound at his post-op check as he turned into a furry dervsih any time I tried to look. :oops:

I hope Benjie continues to recover well, and that his hormones die down in time, bless him. xx

Thanks everyone. I'm also very impressed by this technique. Benjie has been charging around as normal since yesterday evening, eating & pooping well. The wound sites are really impressive - not the slightest swelling, & perfect closure. Beautiful work!
I'm beginning to think that if I ever need general surgery myself, I'd prefer Marie or Amy to operate than the local hospital.
I always get good post op care instructions from the nurses too, especially about warmth, not allowing him to go on the stairs until the next day, eating, pooping & weeing etc. It's a good team when the receptionists & nurses are so aware of the differences between rabbits & other small furries!

Susiebun, Benjie didn't know what was going to happen when I looked this morning, but he sure gave me a thump of disapproval afterwards!:lol:

Also there's no disharge from eyes or nose.:D

Awesome news! Lots of no discharge vibes. :)
And I agree with you about preferring a vet to operate on me! :lol:

oh wonderful he is recovering so well! Glad there has been no relapse too! Bless him little sweety!:love:

There's progress already. He seems to have stopped spraying but I'll leave his scent around a bit longer. I've also managed to stroke him several times today without being mounted. :D
Although he was a right pest mounting last night when he's more active.

On the slightly downside, he started sneezing last night, but he's OK this morning. It could be my fault for turning up the heating at night. Grief I'm stupid! It's on a thermostat so I don't need to turn it up!:oops:

Back