• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Please help I've lost my bonded partner

Micky20

New Kit
Hi I am looking for a home for a small brown 2 year old neutered male called Baxter who currently lives outside he lost his bonded partner & as he is not really tame (she was) I feel he needs to be with other rabbits & possibly with someone who could either tame him or wouldn't mind that he wasn't he just needs company & I'm unfortunately not in a position to get another rabbit. I only rehomed the bonded pair myself last year & didn't really think through what would happen when we lost her as she was an 8 year old continental giant so there was quite an age gap & I just don't want him to be lonely he has a large double level hutch & food that people could have. He definitely CANNOT go to someone with children that's why I took them as the last owner was struggling to find an adult only home for them. I would be willing to bring him to a potential owner for bonding sessions with no obligation to keep him I don't want to just abandon him if I felt I could meet his emotional needs I would keep him but when I try to give him extra affection he boxes me he hasn't bitten but does scratch he didn't do this when Sophie was around he just kept out of way he can be picked up but takes some catching & I'm afraid these behaviours will get worse if he doesn't get another bonded partner or group of friends as it's all he's ever known. So I hope someone can help or even advise me on somewhere that might take him where he can live with other rabbits without needing much human interaction.

Hi I am looking for a home for a small brown 2 year old neutered male called Baxter who currently lives outside he lost his bonded partner & as he is not really tame (she was) I feel he needs to be with other rabbits & possibly with someone who could either tame him or wouldn't mind that he wasn't he just needs company & I'm unfortunately not in a position to get another rabbit. I only rehomed the bonded pair myself last year & didn't really think through what would happen when we lost her as she was an 8 year old continental giant so there was quite an age gap & I just don't want him to be lonely he has a large double level hutch & food that people could have. He definitely CANNOT go to someone with children that's why I took them as the last owner was struggling to find an adult only home for them. I would be willing to bring him to a potential owner for bonding sessions with no obligation to keep him I don't want to just abandon him if I felt I could meet his emotional needs I would keep him but when I try to give him extra affection he boxes me he hasn't bitten but does scratch he didn't do this when Sophie was around he just kept out of way he can be picked up but takes some catching & I'm afraid these behaviours will get worse if he doesn't get another bonded partner or group of friends as it's all he's ever known. So I hope someone can help or even advise me on somewhere that might take him where he can live with other rabbits without needing much human interaction.
Hi there,

I've approved your post, however could you update your post to include this info please.
---------------------------------------
Physical Description
Temperament
Neuter Status
Vaccination Status
Health
Type of home wanted

---------------------------------------

Thanks, Grace

Back