• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can I see your French Lop outdoor housing!

mimi g

Warren Scout
:wave:

Hi Guys

I have a 10 week old french lop, looks like she is going to be a big girl. She is inside with me at the moment but I would really like to get her outside as although she has lots of space to run in the house I need to lock her in a dog crate while I am at work and think she would benefit more from an outdoor enclosure and permanent run with free range when I am home (plus she is a real chewer...only had her a 2weeks and she has gone for curtains, sofas, skirting boards etc etc...(she was an outdoor bun until I brough her home)
I also have a neutered male dwarf lop, they will be bonded once she is spayed...all being well!!! But for now everything will need to be temporarily divided!

So anyway what I am getting at is that I would love to see your Frenchie outdoor accomodation if at all possible to get afew ideas! :love:xx

No pics im afraid but i have 2 7x2.5x2.5ft hutch attached to a 6x8ft run with a ramp - im hoping to extend it a bit :)

No pics im afraid but i have 2 7x2.5x2.5ft hutch attached to a 6x8ft run with a ramp - im hoping to extend it a bit :)

They sound a nice size!!
Did you have them built or make them yourself...I have been looking at the BIG hutches available and it blows my mind a little how hutches cost more than a shed:shock: x

If you really have to cage your rabbit then a large 8ft shed would be the minimum I would choose. I would also have an attached run of at least the same size and freerange time as much as possible.

My OH built it himself - handy and much cheaper than buying it all!! :D

in hindsight id buy a shed to be honest - huge amounts of room for the not-so-little chaps!

Back