• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pip's home - proud new mummy PICS ADDED

Yeh, pellets is a good idea. Also, if you can, put a warm snugglesafe in with him.

Yeah thats now in microwave for him!

I have a feeling he is eating carefresh, unless he is just digging in it but gonna keep an eye or I might just take it out!

Little rascal making me worry, just when I had stopped! :(

Aw, poor you! Bunnies are good for that!

I would say maybe take the carefresh out just to eliminate that risk. You could go right back to basics with some newspaper and then fleecey blankets on top and lots of hay. If you feel he is maybe eating the shavings then that might be worth a try.

ETA- also maybe trying warming the water a bit so its at a better temperature for him. And you can try maybe cooled, boiled water too.

Aw, poor you! Bunnies are good for that!

I would say maybe take the carefresh out just to eliminate that risk. You could go right back to basics with some newspaper and then fleecey blankets on top and lots of hay. If you feel he is maybe eating the shavings then that might be worth a try.

ETA- also maybe trying warming the water a bit so its at a better temperature for him. And you can try maybe cooled, boiled water too.

I have removed all carefresh, i dont use shavings or nething cos they irritate my eyes so just paper, hay and straw and I dont think I have any fleece blankets will have to keep looking! Topped up pellets and new fresh hay!

He had a drink from the bowl, his nose was all wet, bless him!

He is now flopped in his bedroom part, it is a good thing if he is laying out isnt it??

Ah ok, sorry, I thought you mentioned them earlier, but obviously not. :lol:

It's good he's had a drink from the bowl :) That's brilliant.

When Autumn first came he used to sleep flat on his side, but he was in a bad way and he was basically recharging his batteries to make himself ok. Maybe he is doing that, especially if he has been on alert for some reason, or maybe too cold to sleep. If in doubt though get him checked (I know you would, but couldn't not say it).

Ah ok, sorry, I thought you mentioned them earlier, but obviously not. :lol:

It's good he's had a drink from the bowl :) That's brilliant.

When Autumn first came he used to sleep flat on his side, but he was in a bad way and he was basically recharging his batteries to make himself ok. Maybe he is doing that, especially if he has been on alert for some reason, or maybe too cold to sleep. If in doubt though get him checked (I know you would, but couldn't not say it).

I am going to do some housework (distract me for a bit) then if he hasnt changed next time i go out I will take him to vets, wont hurt to get him checked over! Thanks for your help!! :)

Happy distracting!

Keep us updated :)

Pip seemed a lot happier when I went out. I think he has just picked himself a little spot where he likes to chill in the bedroom part!

He loves drinking out of his bowl so will continue to give him the choice!

He used to freak when I opened the hutch door and hide behind the igloo thing but he come nose to nose with me and has a sniff! The noise of the tarpulan (not sure how to spell that) scares him so will look into using somthing else as a cover, any ideas??

I cant wait to let him have a run round his run, prob get his myxi jab done first. Talking of which I think you can have it done from 5 weeks so will it be ok to get done fairly soon?

I would probably leave him to settle a bit more before the myxi, but that would only be personal choice. Autumn had his at about 10 weeks I think.

I'm glad he is more settled :) Maybe he is getting too cold over night because the snugglesafe doesn't see him through the whole night on one heating.

On one of the articles I sent you about weather proofing, it has the roll up and roll down plastics on the front. That's just sold in rolls at garden centres and places and makes very minimal noise. Maybe you could fashion something similar?

Timothy hay has gone down a treat with Pip, I stuffed a handfull in an toilet tube and he tipped it up and ate the whole lot!! :)

He has also made me feel a tad stupid, I was worrying I couldnt see any wee's, but he was weeing behind the plastic iglu thing I put in his bedroom bit, for a bit of extra protection and somewhere for him to hide, he obviously like his privacy when he wee's! :lol::lol:

Yeah but then I did somthing I maybe shouldnt have :( I decided to take out the wet paper and straw and he really didnt like that but I really didnt want to leave it that wet overnight! So I have left in him a grump! :(

Need to get another litter tray to put there as I suppose that is where is going to like to wee and I am hoping to get him litter trained at some point! :?

He will only be doing little wees at the moment and it might be the wee helps him stay safe so it would be ok to leave it a bit before changing it.

He is also very young for litter training, and if he gets the hang of it he will inevtiably lose it with the arrival of hormones, so I would say, all in its own time.

He will only be doing little wees at the moment and it might be the wee helps him stay safe so it would be ok to leave it a bit before changing it.

He is also very young for litter training, and if he gets the hang of it he will inevtiably lose it with the arrival of hormones, so I would say, all in its own time.

Oooppss!!:(

Think maybe I am being a little bit OTT with him! :(

I am going into hospital tomorrow and he has been taking my mind off it, poor thing he prob thinks I am right pain in the :censored:!

He's probably very glad to see you :)

Good luck for tomorrow. I hope all goes well, and when you come home, your little man can be there to greet you :)

Back