• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pine pellets

I usually put a nice layer of hay on top for their feet. And just replace it every day or two.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I usually put a nice layer of hay on top for their feet. And just replace it every day or two.

Hay good idea. Can feet be irritated if there is no straw on the pine pellet?
I change every day. Is it enough to change it every 2 days?

Hi. I couldn't get the link to work? Pine is not good for Rabbits I am fairly sure. Wait to see what others say.

Hi. I couldn't get the link to work? Pine is not good for Rabbits I am fairly sure. Wait to see what others say.

Really? It's the first time I hear of this. Why pine is not good for rabbits? :shock:

Really? It's the first time I hear of this. Why pine is not good for rabbits? :shock:

I know pine shavings can be harmful but from what I'm reading (ie googling very quickly!) pine pellets are ok. There's a lot of debate but most say it's they way the pellets are processed that makes them safer than shavings.

I know pine shavings can be harmful but from what I'm reading (ie googling very quickly!) pine pellets are ok. There's a lot of debate but most say it's they way the pellets are processed that makes them safer than shavings.

Yes, I noticed this after the forum. The sawdust is running out. So now I bought pine pellets. Sawdust can cause urinary tract infection. Sawdust seems to be at high risk of allergies. So I don't think to buy sawdust again.

Hay good idea. Can feet be irritated if there is no straw on the pine pellet?
I change every day. Is it enough to change it every 2 days?
It hasn't irritated their feet. They just don't use it if I don't lol.

They like to munch while they poop so it helps with that too.

I change that hay every 2nd day usually as it gets yucky but they do need some scent in the box. The pine pellets usually last a week underneath.

It hasn't irritated their feet. They just don't use it if I don't lol.

They like to munch while they poop so it helps with that too.

I change that hay every 2nd day usually as it gets yucky but they do need some scent in the box. The pine pellets usually last a week underneath.

Oh, really :shock: This is very good. I was paying a little too much every month as I changed the sawdust every day. Economically my husband will be happy. :lol:

I’ve used wood pellets for a few years now and it’s the best litter so far. Their feet seem fine as they all have a good covering of fur on their little hoppers. Mine also only have the pellets in their litter trays and have wooden floors, shelves, and soft houses and beds they spend time on :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve used wood pellets for a few years now and it’s the best litter so far. Their feet seem fine as they all have a good covering of fur on their little hoppers. Mine also only have the pellets in their litter trays and have wooden floors, shelves, and soft houses and beds they spend time on :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm glad to hear that. I will start using pine pellets too. I suspect the sawdust is disturbing for Cookie.

Lots of people do use the wood pellets, but if you have a sensitive rabbit they can still be irritating. We had to take all wood pellets out of their housing area and replace due to Odin getting bad congestion from it. We now use straw pellets instead (though not everyone can get them) though before that we used megazorb which was good.

Lots of people do use the wood pellets, but if you have a sensitive rabbit they can still be irritating. We had to take all wood pellets out of their housing area and replace due to Odin getting bad congestion from it. We now use straw pellets instead (though not everyone can get them) though before that we used megazorb which was good.

Thank you for your advice :)

Back