• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Picture of good and bad setups and different behaviours needed!

Pipkin01

Warren Scout
I'm in the process of writing a short information folder that can be left in the waiting room of the vets I work at in the hope that clients will read it and take away some good info :).

I'd really like to keep text to a minimum and focus on pictures as it will just be something that people can quickly flick through.

I'd like to include pictures of set ups good and bad and different bunny behaviours such as binkys, digging etc. Also pictures of bunnies snuggling to encourage people to get a friend for their bunny would be great!

Also if any one has pictures of poorly bunnies; sore hocks, flystrike, myxi...

I've got pictures of my bunnies indoor setup and a few pictures of them snuggling which I'm going to use but would love a selection of all breeds and sizes of rabbits :)

So if anyone has pictures that they are happy for me to use please post them on here or send me a pm.

Last edited:
Plantsandshed024-1.jpg

Plantsandshed025-1.jpg

Shed010.jpg

Feel free to use or not use :wave:

Freerange, no cage required!

IMGP0075.jpg

Littertray

Picture006.jpg

Forage box

Picture054.jpg

Freerangeing the garden

PentaxPiks105.jpg

Picture073.jpg

Exploring

Picture131.jpg

Don't know if any of them are any good for what you want?

Take a look at the housing setups in 'Housing' - There's a 'Sticky' at the top.

I've seen those, just want to make sure that I have permission to use pictures, don't want to get into trouble for using photos without permission. :) Not a good idea to make my head nurse mad! :lol:

Don't know if any of them are any good for what you want?

They're great thank you. We have lots of people say they have indoor bunnies, then they tell us that actually they're in a cage the whole time... The picture with the cat is good. Getting lots of new bunny owners in at the moment so trying to get as many as possible to either convert a shed/make a huge run/hutch if poss or if an indoor bunny have a crate/run with free range time. People tend to look a bit worried when you talk about having them loose in the house so photographic evidence is always good! :D

Not the best for advertising bunnies dont make much mess but, free range:
IMG-20110607-00015.jpg

SAM_1031.jpg

Flopping, again sorry about the mess :oops:
IMG-20110617-00030.jpg

Periscoping:
SAM_2038.jpg

Chewing/throwing:
stick-1.jpg

stick2.jpg

This was me making a point, my bunny in my hamsters cage. (I got the idea when I was cleaning it and he jumped in :oops: It is 80cm long, the size of some indoor cages and bad hutches .

SAM_0885.jpg

Bunny in 120cm cage:
SAM_0368.jpg

better cage:
SAM_0608.jpg

SAM_0763.jpg

Hard to see maybe, but shows how subtle the first signs of snuffles are... Barney's eye weeping just before he was diagnosed with snuffles:
SAM_0610.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone so far, going to make a start on it this weekend so I have plenty of good pictures to get me started! Once it's all sorted I will take some pictures of the folder as best I can and put on here for peoples' opinions :D

PM people :)

I will do if I get time this weekend, sorry I've been a bit lazy :oops: Only have time to quickly do things when I'm on lunch or rushing around after work. More time at the weekend though so I shall try to send out some pms :)

Your folder looks great and very similar to what I was planning to do. Has you folder proved to be well liked and given people good ideas?

Feel free to steal my idea :) I'm sure the nurses at your practice would be very grateful for the information

My bun in a Nero 2, 80cm 'rabbit' cage which was used as a base in a 3 x 4ft wendyhouse. Have taken it out now as they are litter trained.
P1050223.jpg

And as a hospital cage after neutering - he looks oddly small in this pic!
P1050257.jpg

Eating hay?

398037579.jpg

398037578.jpg

Example of too small cage. She is free range so never locked in it just using it for hay station.
385256817.jpg

Loves toys.
382527203.jpg

Bunnytoes your bunny looks just like my Polar :love: Is she a Californian? Polar only has black back feet though, her front feet are white!

I'm going out in a bit to get a folder and some plastic wallets and am going to start making my bunny book when I get home :D Thank you for all the pictures so far

Don't know if this would be of use, but this is a pic of Leo where you can see his incisors have been removed. Might be of use as maloclusion is fairly common problem. Anyway, feel free to use or not use as you wish :)

teeth.jpg

Don't know if this would be of use, but this is a pic of Leo where you can see his incisors have been removed. Might be of use as maloclusion is fairly common problem. Anyway, feel free to use or not use as you wish :)

That's a great picture, thank you. We have quite a few bunnies that come in regulary to have their teeth burred. One had to have her incisors removed the other day. I shall be sure to use it :) It's much easier for people to understand problems when they can visualize them

Back