• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PetPlan or Pets@Home Insurance?

I was with petplan for Finley and they were fab really quick in paying out and considering I maxed out the insurance policy that was a godsend

Thank you for all your responses :wave:

Going on the majority posts so far its Petplan in the lead but the main reason for that choice seems to be the extra £500 worth of cover.

Hmmmm I'm still undecided mainly due to Petplan quoting £26.59 per month and Pets@Home quoting £18.96 per month thats £7.63 per month saving which could pay for another buns insurance should I make my dream quad!!!!

Ooooooo decisions decisions :roll:

I go with pet plan because they have a good reputation, with so many insurance companies pulling the plug on pet insurance I am hoping that pet plan is less likely to do so than some of the other companies.

Pet plan was my first choice but they wouldnt insure my 2 as they were over 5yrs old or something... Pets at Home did and i pay £15 a month for both (discount for the 2nd bun) 2 £10 vouchers and i was able to use them in a single transaction and i got change back in pounds (think the girl behind the counter was new though!)
Excess is £75 and the closest ive come to is £70 vets bill so far so yet to use them...

I am with PetPlan. I took out my first policy before P@H did insurance and they have been fab at paying out so have stuck with them and have 5 policies with them. Plus I know vets are most likely to claim direct with them so all I have to pay is my excess to the vets and they sort out the rest. I work for a Companion Care vets and we will deal direct with PetPlan but not with P@H for example.

i just took mine out with petplan. my reason as well as being covered for 500 more was that they cover dental problems (although not routine stuff) as long as you have a dental check every 12 months. p@h only do dentals resulting from injury or illness, not any kind of mallculusion....i think lol

The majority will be with Petplan because they have been around a while and are tried, tested and trusted and P@H is new! However, we have had one RUer successfully claim with P@H which was a 50:50 shot when they claimed so thumbs up to them so far. I have my two insured with P@H and I also put a small amount away each month into a bunny savings account just in case!

Back