• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet sitting vs rabbit boarding?

Hello, I have had a little look at your website. How many set ups do you have? Do you every have issues with referred aggression or bonds being affected because bonded pairs can see/smell other rabbits? My only other issue is space. Winston is used to being free range in the living room, and his companion will be by then, and I know if he was boarded he would have to get used to less space but it does seem like quite a big reduction.

If you want to see the accommodation for yourself let me know, otherwise I hope you find a reputable house sitter :)

My issue with going with somewhere near the airport is it's harder to visit before committing to booking. I will have a look and a think though :)

I think I am going to try trustedhousesitters though as well as looking at boarding places. If I can't find anyone on there then I will know for the future and go with boarding!

Hi, the lodge itself is 19.5ft (6 metres) by 9.8ft (3m) fully secure and insulated, it has stayed nice and cool in the recent heat. I currently only have the three apartments which are just over 6ft long and just over 3.5ft wide which is plenty big enough for a bonded pair for a 2 week stay I do let the buns have supervised free range in the remaining lodge and I block any sight of other guests during this time. I haven't had any issues of referred aggression, as all bunnies need to be neutered who stay with me and this reduces referred aggression.
Also the bunnies cannot see each other whilst in the apartments. Additionally each apartment is separated by 3 pieces if 11mm wood.

Hi, the lodge itself is 19.5ft (6 metres) by 9.8ft (3m) fully secure and insulated, it has stayed nice and cool in the recent heat. I currently only have the three apartments which are just over 6ft long and just over 3.5ft wide which is plenty big enough for a bonded pair for a 2 week stay I do let the buns have supervised free range in the remaining lodge and I block any sight of other guests during this time. I haven't had any issues of referred aggression, as all bunnies need to be neutered who stay with me and this reduces referred aggression.
Also the bunnies cannot see each other whilst in the apartments. Additionally each apartment is separated by 3 pieces if 11mm wood.

Okay, thank you for letting me know. I'm taking a look at some places close to me but if i'm not happy with those I will start to look at places near the airport :)

Back