• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pet shops vs breeders vs backyard breeders

purplebumble said:
:( didnt mean to offend..just if i have the probs with poor bIf like ive had..if shed been my very first bun i wouldnt have been able to cope as far as i have nursing her etc.
As for freeads..yes but theyrebuns with health probs too i ugess.
I love Bif very much even if she doesnt loveus back..she lovesbertie and shes happy thats all that counts..
yes i am too well aware that baby bunnies have no personailty that only comes when theyre a year old or as near to it..
im being selfish i guessas i want another bun..and i think itd give bertie a break from bif the cling on..he does get fed up soemtimes withher hanging onhim at evrymove he makes..and i know from what she went through losing oscar that shed die..i am looking for another frenchie iguess as theyre so much more laid back..least bertie is! i was considering rescue bun but at the mo no luck..jo has baby ones and we thought maybe bif would benefit from an energetic bunny to be with..mother like she did our kittens andin a year itd be ..
like bertie

I ned to take them to seek out a new friend and the only way to d that s to go to a rescue and see how they get on..but sidleshams so far away..sigh..i dont drive im epileptic..
face it debbie youre just miffed cos you feel unloved.. :( youre lastyear with all the stress and grief is whats made bif even worse and nearly killed her..you didnyt want bertie only as a companion till she got over hergiref..you didnt want the kittens only nikkis health has benefited from the companionship f all 4 animals...
:( face it..lousy pet owner..dont know squat bout bunnies..hangs head in shame..exits stage left................

NOOOOOOO....don't be upset. You haven't offended anyone. Please don't think that.

Its your experience and every experience counts.

You do a great job for your bunnies, especially so given that you and your daughter have more complicated circumstances.

You adore your bunnies and your family and have had a difficult time recently. :love: It is clear from all of your posts how much you dote on them. Please don't think you nearly killed Bif last year, the circumstances were out of your control and her illness could have been down to a whole number of factors I'm sure. The brilliant thing is that she is soldiering on with her new best pal Bertie and that you did everything you could to get her on the road to recovery (and still are)

Bless you purplebumble, your posts are always very warm.

Fiona x

My Pumpkin is from a good breeder and she is a healthy, friendly girl. Fuzz was an unwanted bun from someone who wanted rid of him, he too is healthy and friendly! I wouldn't be without either of them, but in future I think I will always go for rescues simply because there are too many unwanted buns out there and I'd hate to think I was adding to that problem in any way!

With regard to baby buns, I do think there's something to be said for getting a cute little ball of fluff and seeing it mature into something beautiful!

Jack's-Jane said:
abbymarysmokey said:
Babies can turn from cute bundles of fluff into savage beasts overnight when puberty hits. :shock:

......rather like hoomans but we cant neuter them!! :lol:

Janex

i told you Jane two bricks ;) always sorts the males out :lol:

Back