• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Shop Hay Reccommendations

Whereabouts in North London are you? If you're going to Jolleys, is that the Crews Hill one? Went in there once and saw the TINIEST hamster cage I'd ever seen >_< walked straight back out again haha.

Anyway, I go to Partners Pets in St Albans for most of my hay. Usually get the big bag (it's about 3ft tall, no idea of volume haha, just I have to drag it round the shop) of Dean's Farm hay at the moment. It's about £7 a bag and as I'm using it for bedding and food at the moment, it lasts a week.

If you are around Enfield way, Partners Pets is about half an hour drive from you!

Yes, i'm in Enfield & it's the Crews Hill Jolleys, I'm not a great fan of the place but it sells fenugreek crunchies-ha ha.

I will give the shop in St Albans a visit next time im in the area, thanks for the recommendation.

I went to the range but the hay they had was all little bits, they just woundnt have touched that. They will have to make do with the herby bag I have for a couple of weeks until I can make another hay experts order, or perhaps I will have a look at hay for pets if it's cheaper.

Ahhhh bunnies and hay, who would have thought it's so complex!!

The problem is the ones mine eat are about £13 a bag, I get two doff bags and with delivery it's £30, I dont normally mind but this month has been an expensive one so I must be sensible.

I have farm shops and stables near me....just nowhere to store it. And to be honest they eat such small amounts of hay it's probably not worth me getting a bale, a bag last me weeks and weeks-naughty bunnies!!

Our farm shop and also the local horse suppliers sell the baled hay in bags too. I pay £1 for a large wheelie bin sized bagfull.

Back