• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pepper died

Im so sorry you lost Pepper,and so suddenly too:cry:

Im sure Sergeant will be ok.He will probably be wondering where Pepper is but will appreciate some extra fuss and afew treats.

Take care.x

How horrible. :cry: It must be a dreadful shock. At least in one way having to fight through a last illness gives you time to prepare. It sounds like it was maybe a heart attack, which I'm sure she wouldn't have known a thing about. Sending gentle hugs and nose rubs for her brother.

Thank you everyone.

The vet called last night with initial findings from Pepper's post mortem. Apparently she was very thin and had depleted her fat stores. And I hadn't really noticed :(. I did think the other day that she might be a bit thinner but I didn't do anything as she seemed fine and she was still eating and pooping and running around. Her stomach was full of food too, the vet said. They've sent away some samples for further tests - 2 cysts near her stomach and some abnormal veins near her heart. It's possible she may have had a heart attack. Should hear back early next week. She said the cysts may be tapeworm cysts, in which case Sergeant may be at risk, but how does a house rabbit pick up a tapeworm? It would explain her getting thin whilst still eating properly. She only had a check-up in May and was given a clean bill of health.

Back