• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peanut's palace! New NIC cube cage set up

It looks great! :love: I think I am going to have to the same for my buns as they are intent on getting me into trouble. :lol:

can i ask how many boxes you used? my girls are currently in NIC cages ive built but i really want to make a massive one ive got 32 pannels to play with but not sure how many im going to need

can i ask how many boxes you used? my girls are currently in NIC cages ive built but i really want to make a massive one ive got 32 pannels to play with but not sure how many im going to need

Each box from B&Q has 24 mesh panels, I used 2 boxes so all in all I used exactly 44 panels to create the cage. I still need to get some more to add a roof though. 32 panels is still quite a lot so you should be able to do something with these, the great thing about these panels is that you can add more or take some away.

Yes, it's definitely something we're looking into. If anyone knows any little boy mini lops in Surrey that need a home, let me know :wave:

That's good :)

Just a question are all your NIC cubes attached with the connecters you got with them? I think I have the same NIC cubes from B&Q but the attachment things suck and Marvin is always pulling them apart, but yours looks quite sturdy?

Just a question are all your NIC cubes attached with the connecters you got with them? I think I have the same NIC cubes from B&Q but the attachment things suck and Marvin is always pulling them apart, but yours looks quite sturdy?

Reusable cable ties :love:

Thank you i can show OH what you have made and insist he buys me more panels as the 32 i have just isnt enough :lol: i love the way you can make them into any shape means you can fit them where ever there is space when we have moved house im going to make a massive one the length of the wall for the girls to enjoy as they will be bonded by then :)

As Graham mentions, they are held together with cable ties, I found them much sturdier and easier to work with than the plastic connectors that come with it and they also give you much more flexibility to arrange them however you like, especially if you are looking to put a second floor in. I used about 250 ties in total, very sore fingers!

Of course the rabbit could nibble at the ties but I used quite a few per panel and all you have to do is replace it with another tie if this does happen. I've just got some PVC finishing profile today to put over the edge of the correx as she's been nibbling at it so hopefully this will sort this issue out.

Contact a Local Rescue :wave: I'd say start a new thread for that, look in Rabbits In Need and look at www.rabbitrehome.org.uk.

I think The Duchess is in Surrey, Close to J3 on the M3.

Hi Graham, I'm already in touch with my local Rabbit Rescue called Bobtails which are in Ewell not far from me. They don't have any mini lops at the moment but they know I'm looking. I'm also looking to volunteer some of my spare time there whenever I have any. I'll look at the Duchess as I've not come across them before but they might be a little too far away, I'll check them out though as you never know.

Yes she is! She digs away in her cardboard box to her hearts content without me worrying that she'll claw through the lounge carpet. It's great because it's her space and she acn do whatever she likes in it :D

One box is £23 from B&Q if they have stock in. It took me months to find stock!

I think that's ok for 22 panels.
I wanted to make a bunny palace too. But they won't need it they've got acommodation. However the nic cube palace could come in handy during winter indoors.

Looks great, I never thought of using just cable ties, I've got the connectors with cable ties as back up, and it makes a run attached to his cage. I've two boxes as well, I like the idea of making a second level but we're planning on free range with the run for when we're out.

I peg a sheet over the top when I'm not home so he can't jump out, i don't bother when I'm home as I'm always climbing in and out and because if I leave it to hang into his run when I'm home he likes to burrow into it and then reappear (it's very cute, his little face just pops out!).

Back