• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

peace and war part 2

Captainsfluff

Warren Scout
Hi, I put Velvet and captain in for their second bond last night for two hours like last time, at first it seemed more promising, they haven't done any humping in the 1st or second session, but they have had little goes at each other, in their forst session these were easily broken up though.

Last night they were immediately more responsivee to one another and going up to each other for a sniff. What they keep doing is pushing their heads together, so they are touching noses and they just sit there like it for a bit until one wanders off (which i think is positive?) or they start to chase which i stop (because i worry they are going to fight) or one boxes front paws out as a threat that they don't follow through and they both run away.

They go and sit opposite each other facing hunched up, last night they started to relax opposite one another to stop and wash or lay down until they do the nose touch thing again until one has had enough, they do this over and over agian. They were like this for the first hour and 3 quaters last night, however in the last 15 mins i sat in between them and was stroking both. velvet went for a wander about whilst captain stayed for a stroke. Then velvet came over and they suddenly had a boxing match with my leg alomst in betwwn them whch unerved me almost as much as captain. I managed to force them apart with a book but captain went tumbling away over my foot and velvet ran away into the pet carrier. Captain has a scratch on his ear and was very shaken so i gave him a supportive cuddle as was shaking like a leaf, then, as soon as i let go of him, Velvet came back and they did it again!

I decided to break them up as although velvet was fine, captain was very shaken, and so was i becuse i was sat right next to them in range of the boxing at the time.

I thought everything was going really well up until this point and had planned to let them both into the lounge together which i had hoovered and sprinkled vinegar all over to neutralise (as this is captains free run area. Currently the kitchen is neutral and batroom is velvets)

After this scrap i am a little nervous to put them together again, because it was so out of the blue and i thought the session had gone well until then.

I would never forgive myself if one of them got badly hurty and lost and eye or something!!!

Any advice?

My bonding confidence is very diominished as this is my first experience with bonding.

Chloe

Back