• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PAH Novelty Hutches

decided to give the post to someone they believed had more of a future at the company.

I still don't think that's legal - you are only allowed to choose 'best fit' if you have two candidates who identically fit the criteria. Depending on how far you want to push it, you could go back to them and ask for a breakdown of the scores for each of the job criteria between yourself and the successful candidate.

I use P@H for toys, etc. I've previously bought rabbits from them, (Or, daddy bought them for me) being totally uneducated about them, but now that I think back on it, no more than 18 months ago, they told me that I was fine to keep an Angora in a 4ft GP hutch.
Then, a couple of months later, they told me I could easily keep a trio of Nethies in the same size hutch. I was never told anything about needing constant hay, or needing a garden run, or vacinnations, or spay/neutering.
Since then, I vowed never to buy another pet shop hutch, or bunny :shock:

Are the staff seriously this uninformed at PAH?

I have just been turned down for a job there due to being 'overqualified'.

I have a degree in animal biology so would have thought that to be valuable in informing customers on the CORRECT care of their animals. But no they'd evidently rather employ morons!

Thanyou Laura though for your tips and advice, they did come in handy I am just irritated that i have been turned down for having 'too much' knowledge on their products!!!!!

Bizarre!!

I am afraid to say that going for a job in retail(or any job)where you are far better quailifed than say the person interviewing(which has happened to me)you will find you do not get the job,as the staff already there will feel intimidated by your knowledge.And you know more than them.

On the P&H front,My 9yr old is going to a small animal workshop next tuesday at our local store and is supposed to be going to learn things,She will probally end up teaching them.:lol:

novelty hutches

while i agree its great P@h are no longer going to sell theres there is a few other places you can still by them ie ebay and also some where close to where i live they arnt a pet shop but they sell animal food and other supplys aswell as cookers ect, but well done to p@h. my local one is in the process of a refit now :)

On a trip to my local P@H this afternoon, I noticed that the pink palace/castle thing one was still £169 (The fully assembled show hutch) and a big stack of flat pack ones. Then while I was buying toys for my 2 baby buns, I overheard a staff member mentioning that although she's not allowed to recommend it, she keeps bunnies and GPs together at home with no probs, and then saying how the Pink Palace thing was perfect for this couples' daughter's birthday :shock:

has anyone got a pic of the hutches? it would be interesting to see what you are on about for future ref. ow or i could just look on the website.:oops:

On a trip to my local P@H this afternoon, I noticed that the pink palace/castle thing one was still £169 (The fully assembled show hutch) and a big stack of flat pack ones. Then while I was buying toys for my 2 baby buns, I overheard a staff member mentioning that although she's not allowed to recommend it, she keeps bunnies and GPs together at home with no probs, and then saying how the Pink Palace thing was perfect for this couples' daughter's birthday :shock:

The display ones go down in price tomorrow I do believe and the flat packs should have gone back to depot. There is no way they should have been recommended!

i cant find them. ow well would be good to see one to no what not to buy... or not to buy similar

well err there interesting :roll:... thank you for taking the time to find that link:wave:

Just a thought and sorry if it's already been mentioned in the thread and I've missed it but has anyone contacted P@H to compliment them on the action taken.

It's very easy to ring/write and complain but they've taken the right corrective action this time so i think it would be nice if a few of us showed our appreciation :D

I have to say that our local P@H stores are very good, we have a few around here within a 15 mile radius, my only issue was with one member of staff that sold us a fish way too big for our tank, but when buying our buns from 2 different stores we had very good advice. We bought the hutch and other necessities from our local store but the male buns were not for sale as they had bloat, we had advice from them and the other store not too far away and so far so good, oh plus all the really helpful advice on here, I don't think we are doing too badly!! :love:

Sadly despite our supplier promising to withdraw them from stock, we went to see them this week and they have been putback out on display. Manager is on holiday but will be having words on his return.

Back