• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our Friend Stopped Hopping Today!

Monty Bunn

New Kit
Our friend stopped hopping today.

A proud free running rescued house bunny, over 8 years old!
We were privileged to have lived with Monty for over 7 of his years.

Always the first into the fridge, he’d go where he pleased. He could open doors by pushing or pulling with his teeth.
(A place for everything and everything in its place). Anything new or out of place he marked for approval.

Never caged or put away, always there, everywhere. Upstairs, downstairs, bedroom, bathroom, he’d be there.
Every day spent up and down, pushing his beach balls around. He was family!

This year 2014 he became an elder bun, the binky’s stopped and he couldn’t run as far.
Hopping became more awkward and he needed to lean and rest more.

Sadly a tumour had developed, slowing him down, eventually the back legs gave up.
He could still sit up and kept eating his greens, the brave buck didn’t grumble or grind.

Beside his lifelong plush fur toy friend, in the room with us where he loved to lie,
he fell asleep quietly. So calm and serene as he passed away quite naturally.

Laid to rest now, he’s buried where the wild bunnies play, on a beautiful coastal cliff top.

We’re going to miss passing him on the stairs, going about his business.

We will no longer be lulled to sleep, by the carrot munching sounds from under the bed at night.

An empty space now, under the dining table.

No more honks to let us know he’s there.

No more honks.

29-01-14

Monty 2006-2014

I'm so sorry, it sounds like he had a wonderful life with you.

Binky free Monty xxx

I'm so sorry for your loss :cry: Monty sounded like a wonderful bunny friend and he obviously had a lovely life with you.

Sweet dreams Monty xx

I'm so sorry you have lost a very special friend. :cry: The tribute is beautiful.

Goodnight Monty, sleep well xx

What a lovely tribute to Monty, I'm sorry you lost him, it's always very sad, but I hope you have some comfort that he fell asleep in the room with you, cuddled up to his soft toy fury friend, and was obviously very calm, relaxed and comfortable.
Binky free at the bridge Monty xx

Back