• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One rabbit eating everyone's food!

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

So, I have three newly bonded rabbits (fingers crossed). Last night was the first time we fed them together (usually it would be when they had gone back after a bonding session).

Buffy (who's always been greedy) ate all her food in seconds, then proceeded to eat the boys food too. They just let her, so it didn't cause fighting, but obviously it's not ok.

Also, we didn't really think things through and Buffy has a different food to them!

I obviously don't want Buffy to get overweight or for the boys to miss out. Any ideas?

Thanks x

Are you planning to move all three on to the same food? If so I would scatter feed, which will mean that Buffy takes longer to find her food and will perhaps give the other two more of a chance.

Thanks for replying, I think we will need to change them over.

Buffy has Science Selective and the boys have Harringtons (what their previous owner used). But I've just brought a massive 10kg bag of SS, so I think we will have to change the boys x

Hi all,

So, I have three newly bonded rabbits (fingers crossed). Last night was the first time we fed them together (usually it would be when they had gone back after a bonding session).

Buffy (who's always been greedy) ate all her food in seconds, then proceeded to eat the boys food too. They just let her, so it didn't cause fighting, but obviously it's not ok.

Also, we didn't really think things through and Buffy has a different food to them!

I obviously don't want Buffy to get overweight or for the boys to miss out. Any ideas?

Thanks x

In that situation, where they had so few pellets, I would always hand feed to make sure they had their rations. I found with scatter feeding the same thing happened - one just went and hoovered up :lol:

I find with veggies, grass and forage it's easier to scatter around the place and for them to take at more leisure.

Yes, once you've changed over, and things have settled down, there may not be so much of a frenzy :D

Back