• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One of my bunnies screamed during bonding

raina

New Kit
I have two boys im trying to bond, both male. one is 1 and the other is 4. i know this isnt an easy pair but they have been doing pretty well with a little bit of fighting, both of them even flopped two days ago but while i was at a party and my mom was watching them they got into a big fight and one of them (not sure who) screamed very loud and they were separated. i just dont understand how one day they groom eachother and flop and the next one of them is screaming.

I have two boys im trying to bond, both male. one is 1 and the other is 4. i know this isnt an easy pair but they have been doing pretty well with a little bit of fighting, both of them even flopped two days ago but while i was at a party and my mom was watching them they got into a big fight and one of them (not sure who) screamed very loud and they were separated. i just dont understand how one day they groom eachother and flop and the next one of them is screaming.
Are they both neutered
Have you thoroughly checked them both for injuries?
Rabbits only scream due to severe pain and/or being terrified ☹️

Are they both neutered
Have you thoroughly checked them both for injuries?
Rabbits only scream due to severe pain and/or being terrified ☹️
yes they both are. i think the new younger bunny scratched my bunnies eye but hes acting normal today. we are taking a break

yes they both are. i think the new younger bunny scratched my bunnies eye but hes acting normal today. we are taking a break
Please get the Rabbit checked by a Vet. Any eye injury, even a scratch, can become very nasty, especially if the cornea is damaged. The Vet will check for corneal abrasions using a Fluorescein dye. Left untreated corneal damage can ulcerate and become infected. Worst case scenario being the loss of the eye.

Back