• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG Litter of kits HELP!!!!! UPDATE 10/7/06

When you find out we want pics of babies :wink:

Ahhh.... Something else to pester my fella about! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

toffee said:
When you find out we want pics of babies :wink:

Ahhh.... Something else to pester my fella about! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

I'm not holding out much hope - with my limited experience, the stress of the move, the major diet change & the fact I don't know which is mum....I'll be surprised if they survive :cry: . Which is exactly the reason I never wanted babies. :?

Vet nurse came out off her own back as it wasn't something the practise did.How nice is that? :D Both buns are female. From the hair missing on the back of the dark bun, she thinks light bun gave birth..... but examining dark bun she wasn't sure, so they have been left together.

Couldn't see kits this morning cos they had been completely covered in hay, but I saw a moving nest. One baby was at the far end of the hutch though, so wore gloves/rubbed hands in litter & put it back in nest. Why does the mum do that? Hope it's ok - can't check til tonight :?

Light bun is definitely protective of the nest. She just watches me distrustfully. Dark bun is friendlier, but not as bold.

Dark & Light need names!!! :lol:

What beautiful bunnies! You can tell they've not been looked after the way they should be though :cry: Well, at least they're with you now, and what a surprise! Very conseiderate of them to wait until they got to you before giving birth :D

sorry angie and am i right in think you still dont know which one is mum? (havent had the chance to read the whole post :oops: )

bunnylove said:
sorry angie and am i right in think you still dont know which one is mum? (havent had the chance to read the whole post :oops: )

Yep, that's correct. Vet couldn't come out, but spoke to them on phone. My options were take buns to vet (didn't want to upset mum) or vet nurse had a look, unofficially. Both buns female, so no danger there :roll: - both buns had blood "down below" yesterday morning, & sticky out nipples. One was thin, one has chunky middle.

(It's in my head now that maybe other bun is pregnant......)

Any advice greatly appreciated :D

Angie65 said:
bunnylove said:

Yep, that's correct. Vet couldn't come out, but spoke to them on phone. My options were take buns to vet (didn't want to upset mum) or vet nurse had a look, unofficially. Both buns female, so no danger there :roll: - both buns had blood "down below" yesterday morning, & sticky out nipples. One was thin, one has chunky middle.

if the other is not the male :? and is defianately a girl then i suupose she could be pregnant, wherer did they come from :oops: :oops: soory!

anyway the mum should feel very warm around he tummy/chest area? nipples would be more swollen that the other ones unless she is pregnant too? hav eyou given her a feel over?

Its possible they were both pregnant and you have two nests in one, it does happen,

Just leave them together and see how they go

Angie if you need a hand fostering I've got a couple of spare indoor cages that could be put to temp use.

Louise

ellepotter said:
Angie if you need a hand fostering I've got a couple of spare indoor cages that could be put to temp use.

Louise

I'm ok for a bit, thanks, - still got a few empties, but will be in touch if anyone else is knocked up :shock: :roll: :lol:

bunnylove said:
Angie65 said:
bunnylove said:

if the other is not the male :? and is defianately a girl then i suupose she could be pregnant, wherer did they come from :oops: :oops: soory!

anyway the mum should feel very warm around he tummy/chest area? nipples would be more swollen that the other ones unless she is pregnant too? hav eyou given her a feel over?

free Ads - there were 4 "female" buns dumped on someone 3 weeks ago. 2 were re-homed, so picked these up to foster wed night - then babies Thursday morning. :?

Checked them last night - 1 had died. Had a quick glance in the nest - they're getting fur already, counted (what looked like) 8 :shock: There's a really tiny pink one (still pink) - almost half the size of the others. It's been kicked out of the nest a few times, but seems to be hanging on.

Dawn seems to be trusting me a bit more now - she ate out of my hand last night, which is great progress, cos she gets a bit agitated usually when I'm about.

Dusk is very friendly. :D

Dad is coming over to measure up my garden. I'm getting a 10ft 2/3 tier hutch built, that can be separated into 3 if necessary for when the buns get bigger & need separating. Aiming for 3 ft wide, but might be a tight squeeze, so possibly 2'6.
I've also bought a small run, to attach onto the two tier. There isn't enough space for 10 buns in the hutch they're in. Will attach when buns start leaving the nest.

Had a long think, & juggle. Have decided as far as possible I'm going to neuter these buns ASAP/homecheck & re-home. Don't really want to off-load onto a Rescue. i may not be responsible for why they're here, but i'm responsible for them now. However, new to this so may be ringing Rescues for advice (Sorry Bunnymadhouse/Honeybunny :D ) Bunnymadhouse has offered to come out & sex them all for me when they are older. I'm definitely done with litters!!

I'm also not getting any free ad buns, unless the people are prepared to wait 4 weeks for me to collect. :lol:

Back