• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

omg a fox has just been in my house!!!!

living inner city i never have fox worries.... we dont have the windows open cus of the burgulars :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lo and behold, a fox ran through my garden this afternoon and down the side of the house. This is the first one I have seen here, we live on the edge of the moors, after moving here in 2004.

Am not too pleased, there have been cases of myxi in Horwich which my vet thinks has been linked to a fox.

Something else to fret about! :?

We live right in the middle of gosport town centre and keep having visits from 2 foxes, they sometimes jump up a 7ft wall and lay up there! They can smell Bunnie! I opened the door one day and they were right there sniffing round the door, luckily they ran off! :shock:

I live in an urban area but there are a few parks nearby and the foxes are everywhere, I could easily spot 5 or 6 in the space of 10mins at night. People feed the foxes (I had been known to do it myself sometimes) so they have very little fear of humans.

A few years ago when I had just the one dog (a collie cross called Tess) one fox actually went through Tess's legs to get at my cat Jasmine, who likes to come out with us for our last walk. I picked the cat up and the fox was actually jumping up at me to get at her. I tried to shoo it away but it just ignored me, it followed us all of the way home. Needless to say I never fed the foxes again.

Now Tess has been joined by another 2 dogs (a 2yr old westie called Angus and an 11mth old shih tzu called Archie) and the westie goes mad at the slightest whiff of a fox. He is a true terrier, if he ever caught one (we keep him on an extension lead so he doesn't get the chance) I have no doubt that he would tear it to shreds, and the foxes seem to know it. I very rarely even catch a glimpse of them now at night and my cat can safely come with us.:D

I live in an urban area but there are a few parks nearby and the foxes are everywhere, I could easily spot 5 or 6 in the space of 10mins at night. People feed the foxes (I had been known to do it myself sometimes) so they have very little fear of humans.

A few years ago when I had just the one dog (a collie cross called Tess) one fox actually went through Tess's legs to get at my cat Jasmine, who likes to come out with us for our last walk. I picked the cat up and the fox was actually jumping up at me to get at her. I tried to shoo it away but it just ignored me, it followed us all of the way home. Needless to say I never fed the foxes again.

Now Tess has been joined by another 2 dogs (a 2yr old westie called Angus and an 11mth old shih tzu called Archie) and the westie goes mad at the slightest whiff of a fox. He is a true terrier, if he ever caught one (we keep him on an extension lead so he doesn't get the chance) I have no doubt that he would tear it to shreds, and the foxes seem to know it. I very rarely even catch a glimpse of them now at night and my cat can safely come with us.:D

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay for Westies !! I had one for 17 years and no-one and nothing messes with a Westie!! :lol:

Janex

Lived here five years and have never seen a fox.I have seen a pole cat though trying to get into the back garden and the catflap:shock::shock:
Thank Goodness my bunnies are in sheds.Even my cats were petrified of the pole cat.
Before i had bunnies/piggies and a dog at my other house we use to feed the foxes and badgers.They would come every night at 9.00pm on the dot.It really was a lovely sight when they would bring their young ones to feed.

Lived here five years and have never seen a fox.I have seen a pole cat though trying to get into the back garden and the catflap:shock::shock:
Thank Goodness my bunnies are in sheds.Even my cats were petrified of the pole cat.
Before i had bunnies/piggies and a dog at my other house we use to feed the foxes and badgers.They would come every night at 9.00pm on the dot.It really was a lovely sight when they would bring their young ones to feed.

awwwwwwwwwwww :love: i never see any here neither :(

Can't believe all you guys that have had foxes in the house:shock: jeepers!

My buns are outside the bedroom window & one night i was woken by the scratching of the wire on the hutch. Got up to investigate & could just about see a black n white figure running about. Thinking it was Dottie that she had got out, i went to open the door (patio door) and a badger flew towards the door:shock::shock: He was huge, my heart was beating so fast i nearly had a heart attack! My cat flew at the glass towards the badger:shock:

I hate foxes!
I remember the day I went into my neighbour's garden, only to find their chickens shredded up on the lawn, their beady eyes staring up at me...........
i know it's only natural but try explaining that to your neighbours! :(

Back