• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Okayy i have a hay problem!

Kirsty2oo9

Alpha Buck
Basically my rabbit used to have a plastic red dog basket as a littertray which i just lined with newspaper.. Anyways i was told that my rabbit should have a large litter tray with hay because they like to poo and eat the same time.. so ive bought a large plastyic container from wilkos and filled it with hay but shes refusin too poo in it and just pooing everywhere :mad: Anyway also i cant afford too be refilling that with hay everyday because ill have to change it everyday if she starts pooing in it.. Anywayyss so yea what shall i do? because i dont have enough room for the dog basket in ther lined with paper and the large plastic container filled with hay... heeeeeelp :(
Can i just add i do have a little box which has hay in at the moment.. but she doesent seem to be eating out of it =/

Pop some newspaper in it again....and put a bit of hay to where she can reach it whilst doing what bunnies do best!!

Have you heard of megazorb??? I use it in my litter trays.
Its super absorbent, better at holding in smells than sawdust and its a good digging material........
Everyone uses different stuff on here.Stick to what works for you.xxx

Megazorb is really good stuff!! I use it my litter trays with a bit of hay on top, and give big piles of munching hay elsewhere. All of my rabbits are litter trained apart from one whos too old and stuck in his ways!! Putting the tray where the rabbits wants it too, rather than where we want it helps too.

Back